PDA

View Full Version : Galant306m's turbo build

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Ivory8g
12-03-2009, 07:26 PM
yeah i think its 9.0:1 for the stock 8g 64 engine. 9.7 would be pretty cool to mess with.

Galant306m
12-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Snow Performance is a good kit, but personally in a build like this having some flexibility with the injection system is great. The AEM is a 3 nozzle kit too IIRC and that will help a lot if the time comes when you need it (which may be now).

The two stage kits work well...but I would opt for the AEM kit for the extra money and the features it has over the Snow system

Yea I seen that they have the 3 nozzles with the aem kit.

hk20000
12-04-2009, 09:35 PM
it's not magic there's no way a 10.5:1 compression engine can take the same boost level as a 9.0:1 engine if the block is the same piece of casted metal and the piston is the same set of pistons.

There's the thing called mechanical limit. It's not a diesel engine and thus your block isn't made for a diesel-like 13:1+boost kind of compression. So if you go do this and rely on meth and the engine blows up because the meth system fails (so common to see them fail, too, within the DSM scene, coz DSMs are rarely drag only dedicated cars they are usually driven everywhere) people are going to laugh at you not with you.

In the end the engine block and head are just a 2 pieces of machined metal made to work with a certain amount of shock for a certain amount of times and to withstand a certain amount of heat.

10.5:1 compression engine + boost is like boosting a factory F20C Honda engine, which yes its been done and you can bring the power up to like 500bhp with meth but that's a whole different level of block and head engineering compared to a 4G63 from like 2 decades ago.

10.5:1 is a risk margin that's small, so small that many wouldn't take it, but it's your engine, so it's your call.

Like Many told you communism doesn't work, but you are free to believe in it, because it's America.

As for me if I have a 10.5:1 compression engine I wouldn't bring it over 10psi just to be safe because I want to drive it more than I want to fix it. In fact I don't have scientific proof that 10psi is a good number but that's just how other people with 10.5:1 compression engines like to do it with any degree of success. Like for instance the Miata people bolt on turbos are usually 5psi - 8psi, and FWD honda bolt on turbos are around there as well.

In the same 2L category a Vortex supercharger kit on a S2000 brings power up to 300 at the wheels or so using 2L displacement and 11:1 compression, so that would be where I think your bottle neck would come in. My friend has a 2.0L K20A with same compression and boost and he made 245 at the wheels with a custom ECU reflash to work with the boosting system.

That's without meth.

So you can go about that kind of power levels pretty safe and have a responsive engine (like 320-350 crank power or so) But going to like 20 psi like many DSM tuners have in mind would most certainly be fully relying on the meth to keep the intake cool and therefore is a risky choice for a daily driven car.

Again your engine your choice. I have no idea how much power are you planning to make out of it, the theory is sound, but the risk is high.

I prefer the old school way of dropping that compression because then when I'm not in the mood of racing it, I can dump in 87octane gas and turn off the boost with the ECU rofl. But that's the cheapass me.

seth98esT
12-04-2009, 11:19 PM
You cant compare honda motors to mitsu motors, they are both 4 cylinders, thats about it.

galantuner10: You act like nobody has ever turboed a 4g64 outside of TGC. The guys in the DSM scene have been doing it years before we started. Just because you havent seen it, doesnt mean someone else in a non-galant hasnt done it.

Of course a high compression motor wont be able to run the same high boost as a low compression motor. But # for # in boost, the high compression motor will make more power. Mitch is not looking to make 600whp, his setup should hold 10-15psi and I could forsee 300-400whp at that boost depending on the turbo.

Reliability is in the tune and maintenance. Mitch already said this will not be his daily, so reliability isnt a huge deal.

If you guys dont have something helpful to say, go on some other forum and flap your yappers.

DOHCstunr
12-04-2009, 11:42 PM
everyone acts like if you go with meth injection... you aren't also running a big front mount intercooler.

its pretty simple. you run a meth setup with a low fluid sender in it. the low fluid sender signal deactivates the meth injection, and the same it sends a signal to your boost controller to reduce boost to your desired and safe level.

its not rocket science.

Galanttuner10
12-04-2009, 11:54 PM
You cant compare honda motors to mitsu motors, they are both 4 cylinders, thats about it.

galantuner10: You act like nobody has ever turboed a 4g64 outside of TGC. The guys in the DSM scene have been doing it years before we started. Just because you havent seen it, doesnt mean someone else in a non-galant hasnt done it.

Of course a high compression motor wont be able to run the same high boost as a low compression motor. But # for # in boost, the high compression motor will make more power. Mitch is not looking to make 600whp, his setup should hold 10-15psi and I could forsee 300-400whp at that boost depending on the turbo.

Reliability is in the tune and maintenance. Mitch already said this will not be his daily, so reliability isnt a huge deal.

If you guys dont have something helpful to say, go on some other forum and flap your yappers.

work on DSMs with my buddy all day long but what do i know raised around cars means nothing nowadays

i said i hope it works for him and the help i was offering is to go lower compression so he doesnt blow anything up. i dont care if going low compression is old school, it works and theres a reason most turbo motors are lower compression besides the VW which i believe is 10.0:1 and those things blow all the time with stock turbos on stock boost. just trying to save you the headache of building another motor or parting it out cuz it blows up. it would be a shame to see everything gone in the blink of an eye.

Galanttuner10
12-05-2009, 12:01 AM
my main question is.. why get a larger expensive turbo to run low boost?

Galant306m
12-05-2009, 02:45 AM

exactly im looking to make just over 400 whp now the PTE sc60 from what i have read is a very very efficient turbo, and that's what im planing on going with.

everyone acts like if you go with meth injection... you aren't also running a big front mount intercooler.

its pretty simple. you run a meth setup with a low fluid sender in it. the low fluid sender signal deactivates the meth injection, and the same it sends a signal to your boost controller to reduce boost to your desired and safe level.

its not rocket science.
Finally someone besides SPD_FRK and Letsrunem that understands meth injection, its a simple setup that will lower the fuck out of my IAT"s.

my main question is.. why get a larger expensive turbo to run low boost?

Im going to call you stupid just for this comment, you should go to the supra guys and tell them to go to a 14b and run 60psi instead of running a t70 at 25 psi.

Ok im going to explain something to the person who works on DSM's everyday here, Smaller turbo that run higher boost= More Stressful on a Motor that is Running a BIGGER turbo on lower boost. Turbo's are NOT ALL ABOUT PSI HERE PEOPLE that is how people determine how much its out putting its a easier then measuring CFM, the amount of air that the turbo is moving is called CFM, the amount that its putting into the engine is PSI (compressed into pounds per square inch). You could get a air flow meter to measure CFM but no on would know what the hell you are talking about. SO a bigger turbo is better because its causing less strain on the engine, because you are running lower psi, lower EGT's and its not spinning as fast as a small turbo CRANKED OUT TO 20 or so psi, let not forget to mention im going to be FLOWING WAY MORE AIR. If small turbo's where so great people would be running tinny turbo's and making more HP then a larger turbo because they are putting out "MORE PSI"

DO YOU GET IT YET

simplified version

Small turbo can run more PSI but moves less air and gets hotter

Big turbo can run lower PSI but is moving more air then small turbo while staying cooler.

SPD_FRK
12-05-2009, 04:52 AM
There's the thing called mechanical limit. It's not a diesel engine and thus your block isn't made for a diesel-like 13:1+boost kind of compression.
10.5:1 compression engine + boost is like boosting a factory F20C
A diesel engine block is no different than a gasoline engine block. Some engines use an aluminum block (V8s mostly), otherwise they are all cast. Diesels run high compression yea, and they also will run 50+ psi of boost no issue...odd how that works, oh yea...its D I E S E L fuel. Octane of diesel is extremely lower than gasoline, ever tried running gas through a diesel and see what happens besides not running very good, or long?

As much as I hate myself to even bring the name up, I feel it's reasonable right now whether anybody else agrees or not. WarmAndSCSI went through the same downplay and doubts on some big parts of his builds. He may have trashed some parts/engines, but he learned from each step of the way and even provided some huge advancements that NOBODY has even come close to touching, not even on Club3g.

Galant306m is doing something different in the realms of turbo here. No, this isn't something entirely new, DSMs have done it as well as other platforms. The only reason I say something new is because people are still "noobs" for the most part about turbos here that its all about being "boost happy" and pushing for 15+psi to make power. In order to eat that 15+psi of boost you are running a 9:1 or lower compression. The 9:1 compression is basically OEM CR for a lot of vehicles, no loss/gain when you aren't seeing boost. The only power added is when the turbo spools and makes boost...outside of boost its just "plain jane" power really.

Bumping the CR up to 9:5-10:1 is starting to get into a little N/a pep over the OEM power. Throttle response is going to be a little more crisp than 9:1 CR (obviously), put a turbo on like he is looking at and say it will spool at 3600-3800rpm. You are still making good power from the higher CR, add about 8-10psi of boost in the mid to high end RPM range (where might I add most N/a setups will fall off w/o cams), and you have a very strong and broad powerband from top to bottom.

If you have forged rods and pistons running up to 10:1 CR, and no more than 10psi (give or take for how well tuning is), and the other obvious components...let the dyno charts speak the results for those who haven't figured it out.

mko
12-05-2009, 05:07 AM
Amin to all that

Shadow19
12-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Its all speculation until the mother fucker runs! Hurry the fuck up mitch! Do da damn thing son!

hk20000
12-05-2009, 01:44 PM
yeah it's quite pointless to compare actually, coz you got all those fancy pistons and rods and stuff.

Unlike those mazda and honda boys boosting factory engines.

Also I'm not going to go into lengths of how the diesel engines' blocks (including rods and pistons and cranks) are just so fucking much stronger than one engineered for gasoline.

but you are agreeing with me that this setup is around 300ish HP yes? Then we have an agreement there.

I'm not too sure about 10.5+boost reaching 400 though, it needs all components running right and 9 planets aligned in some way. But get this fucker running already hahaha.

This just in: re-tuned the K20A boost and now it makes 265 at the wheels (320 at the crank ish?) and the S/C supplier says they have seen adding IHE to that kit increasing the power to 310 at wheels at 12psi before. Honda engines come with forged everything these days anyway.

so it will be a cool match with ur 4G63 build, all happening at the same time.

seth98esT
12-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Idk what your friend is doing. First of all, superchargers are not effecient enough for a small sub 2.4L 4cyl. Superchargers are meant for large displacement v6 or v8 motors.

Ive seen plenty of 400whp+ stock block turbo k20a dyno vids. Obviously, the supercharger is the bottleneck, not the block.

Theres even this extreme, k20a2 stock rods, pistons, headstuds ... 615whp
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=68880

Its all in the setup and tuning. Sure that 615whp motor may not last as long as your friends 265whp k20a, but the stock components holding together at those power levels is something to say about a properly tuned setup.

SPD_FRK
12-05-2009, 03:27 PM
yeah it's quite pointless to compare actually, coz you got all those fancy pistons and rods and stuff.

Unlike those mazda and honda boys boosting factory engines.

Also I'm not going to go into lengths of how the diesel engines' blocks (including rods and pistons and cranks) are just so fucking much stronger than one engineered for gasoline.

but you are agreeing with me that this setup is around 300ish HP yes? Then we have an agreement there.

I'm not too sure about 10.5+boost reaching 400 though, it needs all components running right and 9 planets aligned in some way. But get this fucker running already hahaha.

Are you just pulling random search information from google as you type it in or what dude? Boosting stock internals will hold depending on whether the rods are OEM cast or forged rods. Hell, even he 2.0L and 2.4L Neon guys will run on stock compression (which iirc is high 9s:1) and internals with boost up to 10-12psi with no issues. Throw in some forged rods and they crank boost way up, if the rods and pistons are forged material instead of the cheesy cast crap metals the components will hold more power whether it's N/a or boosted. Boosting OEM internals it not something new and is still done on a number of vehicles, if the OEM stuff is forged then yea, you can push more boost.

Diesel stuff...don't even go there with me because I work for one of the top companies in the industry and know a great deal about them. You are right, the block and rods are much stronger...for obvious reasons. No way they would ever swap out for forged rods/pistons though right? Wrong.

300hp to the wheels is a possibility, but this all really depends on the tuning and what other components (cams, valves, and head work) is tossed into the engine. There is one 420a engine in a DSM (2.0L same as what is used the Dodge Neon) that is running 10.5:1 CR and 28psi of boost making over 550WHP, though he is running a lot of fuel (1000cc/min injectors).

The potential is there, and like I have repeated so many times, and Galant306m is well aware of...the tuning is what will make this setup work. Running low compression of 9:1 or lower gives the "average" builder/tuner a larger safety window with tuning, when you run the higher compression the saftey window is much smaller (ie screw up tuning and detonation will kill the engine quickly).

Galant306m
12-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Ill get it running soon enough (spring) Im no rush as of this point since i will no be driving the thing this winter at all so there is really no point, i can take my time get everything working well and then get it running. I dont for see having a problem and frankly like i have said earlier if i wanted lower compression i would have went with it when i had the engine apart, the fact of the matter is i wanted to be able to drive the car around when i have it out and not be restricted on the motor to only make power during boost. With the setup i have now i will be able to drive it and not have to spool up the turbo after every light (probably will though) but thats the thing. Also i have another vehicle so the car isnt going to see anymore bad weather. Only one that should be worrying about my engine is me and i have it under control as of this moment.

Galant306m
12-05-2009, 04:46 PM
geez maybe i should run nitrous too, see what you guys say then lol.

mko
12-05-2009, 04:59 PM
you should do a dual engine swap and AWD

Ivory8g
12-05-2009, 06:10 PM
Hahaha Mitch! NOS YO!

mko
12-05-2009, 06:14 PM
and be careful not to melt the welds of the intake

letsrunem
12-05-2009, 07:35 PM
geez maybe i should run nitrous too, see what you guys say then lol.

I say we e-charge the fucker :bigsmile:

Galant306m
12-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Hahaha hell yea

Voodoo
12-05-2009, 10:26 PM
I say we e-charge the fucker :bigsmile:

Git er dun!

P.S.... 27 pages? Holy fuck

Galant306m
12-06-2009, 02:34 AM
14 for the people who are not noobs.

Voodoo
12-06-2009, 04:02 AM
lol, changing default post view count FTL

Galant306m
12-06-2009, 04:58 AM
newfag.

Galant306m
12-31-2009, 01:40 PM
New years resolution - Get this piece of crap running.

The list of things left to do

Tons of wiring
All IC piping needs to be ran
finish modifying my downpipe
put half shafts it
replace all the front suspension parts and breaks all around
fuel system
finish clutch master and slave, need to run lines
cooling system i need a new radiator and to modify the water pipe to fit.
get the new turbo and a meth kit, install that and try to get her to start

This will have to be all done in the next two months my dad wants it out of that garage come spring. So here we go time to get this shit running, i have been slacking like a mother fucker with this build.

Ivory8g
12-31-2009, 11:33 PM
Finish that ish Mitch!

ICEMAN99TURBO
01-01-2010, 11:51 AM
Come on Mitch, it needs to be done so I can have a ride in for this year's Back 2 Chicago Meet. :D

SPD_FRK
01-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Sounds like you only have maybe a week, or two at most worth of work that needs to be done. Do you have all the parts besides the turbo and meth kit? Im waiting for you to get this thing done and running to show some of these folks how a high CR turbo build works!

Voodoo
01-02-2010, 05:09 AM
Come on Mitch, it needs to be done so I can have a ride in for this year's Back 2 Chicago Meet. :D

I'll take you for a ride... in the back seat :orangewink:

ICEMAN99TURBO
01-02-2010, 10:00 AM
I'll take you for a ride... in the back seat :orangewink:

..Well, bring it! :o

Ivory8g
01-02-2010, 11:39 AM
..........back on topic.

Galant306m
01-02-2010, 12:26 PM
back on topic....... still does not run. Haha

Ivory8g
01-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Hahaha

Galant306m
01-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Sounds like you only have maybe a week, or two at most worth of work that needs to be done. Do you have all the parts besides the turbo and meth kit? Im waiting for you to get this thing done and running to show some of these folks how a high CR turbo build works!

Nope lol i need a fuel rail, FPR, new shift linkage, sc60, meth, misc cupplers, spark plugs, plug wires, a starter, and some other random thing.

Kinda waiting for my taxes. I should get enough to buy the rest of my parts and some new rims.

seth98esT
01-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Jeez, hook me up with your tax guy. Most I have ever gotten back was $800. I made almost twice what I made last year though, so hopefully I can get a good chunk back.

DOHCstunr
01-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Nope lol i need a fuel rail, FPR, new shift linkage, sc60, meth, misc cupplers, spark plugs, plug wires, a starter, and some other random thing.

Kinda waiting for my taxes. I should get enough to buy the rest of my parts and some new rims.

and buy my brakes.

SPD_FRK
01-02-2010, 01:54 PM

LOL crap dude you have a lot of crap to load up on yet. Hopefully tax returns are good for me this year too could really use it.

Galant306m
01-02-2010, 02:17 PM
the most you have ever gotten back was like 800 seth? I claim 0 and then claim myself at the end of the year i usually get about 2400 back thats what I got last year and that money went to school.

Yea i got a few things to buy still but they are all small things that i can afford so, atleast i finished the motor before i lost my old job lol.

Galant306m
01-13-2010, 12:47 AM
getting stuff done.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/IMAG0003.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/IMAG0004.jpg

RAZ_76
01-13-2010, 12:54 AM
I come back a year later and you still not done?? WTF??!! JK dude, get-r-done dude.

Galant306m
01-13-2010, 01:09 AM
Its not done cause i keep changing my mind on shit lol can't settle on doing one thing. Turned the engine over today and put more oil down the cylinders/plug wells to lubricate my cylinder walls.

ICEMAN99TURBO
01-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Shit and get off the pot!

Galant306m
01-13-2010, 08:32 PM
working on it lolz.

Shadow19
01-14-2010, 07:28 AM
Its not done cause i keep changing my mind on shit lol can't settle on doing one thing. Turned the engine over today and put more oil down the cylinders/plug wells to lubricate my cylinder walls.

Indecisive bitch. Get the mother fucker running THEN while youre out on the road spanking ass decide what you want to do ;-)

Galant306m
01-18-2010, 09:14 PM
got a set of projector fogs for the jdm front they had a shit ton of rust on the inside of the lenses i got one cleaned up and put back together, just used a heat gun to heat up the lens and cleaned up the rust with a sos pad, and cleaned the glass up since it was on their too. Got to do the other one still.

started out looking like this
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/fogsbadrust.jpg

Pulled apart and cleaned up
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs189.snc3/19661_102491509780255_100000582193780_70307_169113 2_n.jpg

Other lens still needs same treatment
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs169.snc3/19661_102491433113596_100000582193780_70301_373496 8_n.jpg

Galant306m
01-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Oh she is on 4 jack stands now maybe taking the rear end apart idk yet, contemplating something here......

Galanttuner10
01-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Do it!!!!!!!!!

4g63lover
01-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Good work on those fogs Mitch!

Galant306m
01-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Do it!!!!!!!!!
hahahah you already know what im thinking about!

Good work on those fogs Mitch!
Thanks! i got a good deal on them too 35 shipped! Not bad was just a random browsing buy on ebay and i seen them so i grabbed them right away. Will look good with the 3k hids in them this summer

RAZ_76
01-18-2010, 10:37 PM
Nice pick up dude.

Galant306m
01-18-2010, 10:48 PM
yea it was pure luck that i found them lol, anything for that front is getting really rare. It was lucky that i go the front too.

Galant306m
01-19-2010, 06:30 PM
More jdm shit for the galant

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/DSCN7282.jpg

Shadow19
01-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Yo dawg! How much you want for that gangster ass weed eater?

Galant306m
01-19-2010, 07:42 PM
"more then you can afford pal"

Shadow19
01-20-2010, 07:20 AM

Well fuck it then. Ill just take the fold out chair. PM me your paypal. ROFL. BTW. Im really liking the JDM tails. Nice work. Now get this bitch up and going god damnit!

Voodoo
01-20-2010, 01:36 PM
"more than you can afford, pal"

Fixed :wub:

Galant306m
01-20-2010, 01:38 PM
fixed :wub:

smd

blue8g
01-20-2010, 09:01 PM

ferrari? looks good mitch........need new wheels though

microgalant
01-20-2010, 11:42 PM
Yo man I was checking out your project, nice thing you've going there.
Btw watch out for those freeze plugs you use, I've used those on my car, and one of them fell in the engine.
When I put them it was a pain in the a$$ to get them pluged, but when the engine heats out the holes got wider I think..
What I did is, drilled half inch of the holes wider so the plugs can have a place to sit on it and then I used jb weld on it.
But even doing that I saw a little bit of oil comming through those holes.
I'm looking foward to come with another method of doing it.
All the best with your project.

Galant306m
01-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Did my taxes today and this is where my money is going

precision sc60
Ksport coilovers
hks evc5
meth injection kit
gm 3bar map
iat sensor
knock sensor
misc couplers and clamps
poly urethane motor mounts
rims and tires
and some other small pars.

But thats my list once i get the money i start ordering stuff!

Ivory8g
01-27-2010, 10:22 AM
tax return ftw! i did mine last night! ^_^

Galant306m
01-27-2010, 02:44 PM
Yes!

Galant306m
02-05-2010, 06:49 AM
So i bought some parts today sc60, new rims, ksport coil overs, meth kit, and now my debit card is shut off HAHAHAH. Have to make a trip to the bank and let them know that yea i did buy all of that stuff.

Galanttuner10
02-05-2010, 09:35 AM
good shit mitch.. and i guess ill say it cuz u do

GET ER DID!!! lmfao

Voodoo
02-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Chris is learning how to speak like a true northern wisconsinite lol

johnygezony
02-05-2010, 03:00 PM
meth kit

meth !

Galant306m
02-05-2010, 04:39 PM
water injection damnit hahah and it was a funny conversation with the bank they asked me what happened when i tried to use my card i said that it got declined she asked me what was the coast of your purchase that you where trying to make told he $650, i got a sigh and then a laugh.

Galant306m
02-10-2010, 01:05 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7296.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7297.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7298.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7292.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7293.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7291.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7295.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7294.jpg

Rims are on their way still and the turbo will not be here for about 2-4 weeks since it was a made to order.

SPD_FRK
02-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Yummy parts!!!!!!

Bro I can't say how my Ksport GTPros handle yet (obviously lol), but I am sure you will be pretty happy with the product. You will have to let us know how the install of that AEM injection kit goes, good choice though man.

Voodoo
02-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Sexy

Galant306m
02-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Yummy parts!!!!!!

Bro I can't say how my Ksport GTPros handle yet (obviously lol), but I am sure you will be pretty happy with the product. You will have to let us know how the install of that AEM injection kit goes, good choice though man.

Yea i read through the instructions seems fairly easy to setup. There is a way to set it up so that while you are creating boost it sprays more and more until you are at full boost which is really cool and it can also be set so that it will tell the boost controller when i am out of washer fluid and have it limit the amount of boost. I got to figure out where to put the tank though.

Jeffylou87
02-10-2010, 06:40 PM
That's a shit load of money to spend in one day.. lol

Galant306m
02-10-2010, 06:50 PM
That's a shit load of money to spend in one day.. lol

Yup i had a wonderful little talk with my parents today because of it HAHA.

ICEMAN99TURBO
02-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Make sure you watch them Coilovers......

Shadow19
02-11-2010, 07:32 AM
Make sure you watch them Coilovers......

And why is that? Ive had k-sports on my car for 2 years. Supposedly they had a bad batch pre 2005 but now thats been fixed..............

Shadow19
02-11-2010, 07:36 AM
If its possible to mount the tank in your trunk the extra line would give you a little more fluid....... IDK how the system works though.

Galant306m
02-11-2010, 04:21 PM
Im at a loss for words for this thing, the machining quality is AMAZING, its such a beautiful turbo im surprised that it came already.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7304.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7305.jpg

Ivory8g
02-11-2010, 04:40 PM
sc60 FTMFW SON!!!! welcome to the pte sc60 club my friend! 3" in and 2" out on the comp housing?

Galant306m
02-11-2010, 05:13 PM
yes sir! Thanks for the recommendation to the turbo :)

Oh just got done fixing my fender. :)

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/IMAG0017.jpg

Ivory8g
02-11-2010, 05:33 PM
my pleasure good sir!

Galant306m
02-11-2010, 06:23 PM
If its possible to mount the tank in your trunk the extra line would give you a little more fluid....... IDK how the system works though.

Thats what im planning on doing just, there is really not place for it under the hood so i think in the trunk would be the best spot.

seth98esT
02-11-2010, 07:46 PM
I hate you, I owed $300 in taxes this year.

Galant306m
02-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the 300 dollars seth!

Shadow19
02-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I owe 2-3k......................

seth98esT
02-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Ok, i feel better now :)

WhiteGalant
02-11-2010, 07:51 PM
I got 1500, but i have a 4k surgery bill...

Galant306m
02-11-2010, 07:58 PM
I just ball hard!

Shadow19
02-11-2010, 08:26 PM
I just ball hard!

That or you suck hard balls.......

letsrunem
02-11-2010, 09:56 PM
does it run yet?

Galant306m
02-11-2010, 10:00 PM
yes

ICEMAN99TURBO
02-12-2010, 12:08 AM
And why is that? Ive had k-sports on my car for 2 years. Supposedly they had a bad batch pre 2005 but now thats been fixed..............

It has......?

WhiteGalant
02-12-2010, 01:27 AM
what you want for that ebay 20g mitch?

free? lol

mko
02-12-2010, 09:50 AM
ill take it too...if its free

Galant306m
02-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Not for free lol.

Galant306m
02-13-2010, 02:29 AM
Put one coil over in, fucked up my thumb had to stop for a min. (Tokico took cut my thumb up bad because it was pissed i was taking it out) After i got the bleeding stopped i got some shit done on the front end, axles installed new balljoints and new swaybar end links

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7306.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7307.jpg

kolio
02-13-2010, 04:14 AM
that is alot of rust. take care of it soon. it's a shame, all the money and beautiful parts get attention starved because the rust is so distracting.

keep up the great work and cant wait for the vids!

Galant306m
02-14-2010, 06:06 AM
yea im planing on cleaning up the rust, just fitting stuff in.

mko
02-14-2010, 12:13 PM
get rid of the cruise control box and put the water inj tank in there

Galant306m
02-14-2010, 02:55 PM
thats not a half bad idea.

mko
02-14-2010, 03:21 PM
that upper arm looks really bad tho....mucho rust

Galant306m
02-14-2010, 03:34 PM
UGH lol it happens, the car is like 14 years old and i live in wisconsin, there is going to be rust.

kolio
02-15-2010, 01:40 AM
UGH lol it happens, the car is like 14 years old and i live in wisconsin, there is going to be rust.

mine is 13 and mine eats alot of salt. but i got like no rust.

and the meth tank would be hot there, or in the JDM resevior location

RAZ_76
02-15-2010, 02:52 AM

My advice dude. If you're going to build this to be a nice ride, which looks like you are because it's taking a long time. I would do it right and remove everything off the car, sand blast it and start from the ground up so the rest of the car matches all the nice parts you are puttig on it. Get new arms, re do the undercoating..just my two cents.

Galant306m
02-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Well i would love to get everything looking new but the goal right now is to get it running and back on the road so i can have it stripped and painted when i have it painted. Im working on getting it ready for summer right now get a tune done and see what kind of power it makes.

Galant306m
02-15-2010, 03:48 PM
this is what i have been working on all day, plus some other things just can not get my one sway bar end link out to be replaced waiting for my friend to get here with a torch to heat it up if that fails im breaking out the angle grinder and cutting it out haha.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7387.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7388.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7389.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7390.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7392.jpg
i found out that im not as good with a dremal as i was hoping im going to find another one and try again cause its not perfect lol but it will work for now until i can come up with a better way of doing it.

Voodoo
02-15-2010, 05:20 PM
Looks fuckin' sexy

Jeffylou87
02-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Good Job..

mrg7243
02-15-2010, 05:53 PM
sorry for such a noob question but what is that turbo timer?? and what is the thing atached to the window???

stvn_mj
02-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Looks good. It looks better when things are integrated into the dash instead of just having a bunch of gauges just sitting on the dash.

Galant306m
02-15-2010, 06:38 PM
sorry for such a noob question but what is that turbo timer?? and what is the thing atached to the window???

Nah its a boost controller, there are two parts to it the LCD controller and then the two dials. I got to figure out where i want to put the LCD still.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7399.jpg

Ivory8g
02-15-2010, 07:46 PM
yummay!!!

mrg7243
02-15-2010, 07:54 PM
ahh nice how much boost are you running?? with10.5-1 before lifting the head??

Galant306m
02-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Shooting for 15 psi......

mrg7243
02-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Damn,

kolio
02-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Shooting for 15 psi......

once you get the tune perfect maybe more, and with meth i say 20

Galant306m
02-16-2010, 01:35 PM
once you get the tune perfect maybe more, and with meth i say 20

yea! Why do i have a feeling that this car is going to be insane??

Jeffylou87
02-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Cause it is.. Duh..

Galant306m
02-16-2010, 09:10 PM
I got a job again so im going to have to pound out a shit ton of work on this thing since ill have very little or no time to work on it 12 hrs a day 7 days a week of work for a couple months is going to be a killer on this thing haha. waking up early to work on it tomorrow get what i can done the rest of this week.

Galant306m
02-17-2010, 04:05 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7400.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7401.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7402.jpg

mko
02-17-2010, 04:34 PM
noise

Galant306m
02-17-2010, 04:49 PM
random perfect fit of the decade.

Voodoo
02-17-2010, 05:12 PM
random perfect fit of the decade.

Except for when I fell into your ass the other day :orangewink:

M-Rod
02-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Except for when I fell into your ass the other day :orangewink:

So that's what happened after you guys left the hotel...

Galant306m
02-17-2010, 07:33 PM
yup we had a manfest in the bravada

M-Rod
02-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Speaking of the Bravada, I had a funny feeling about this when I was packing everything into my car.
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u215/Rodrigoflip/downsized_0214001104.jpg

ICEMAN99TURBO
02-17-2010, 08:17 PM
It's getting there Mitch! :)

Galant306m
02-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Removed all the auto trans wires, and all my ac shit that im not going to use, plus the maf since speed density is where its at

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7406.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7408.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7409.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7410.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7413.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7414.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7416.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7421.jpg

Got another coilover in haha yes that makes two in a matter of TWO weeks, w/e had some problems with the sway bar endlinks that held me up some. Also going to fix the little rust on top of my strut tower.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7411.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7412.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7417.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7418.jpg

Big turbo is big!

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7403.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7404.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7405.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7407.jpg

SPD_FRK
02-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Looks pretty good with the wiring cleaned up/removed....though I am disappointed to see that Goldwing in the garage lol

Galant306m
02-19-2010, 11:54 PM
HAHA Goldwing > Harley!

SPD_FRK
02-20-2010, 12:17 AM
HAHA Goldwing > Harley!
lol...I had to say something when I saw that...still miss my Harley though

So do you have all the parts at this point then or still need a few more to finish up?

ICEMAN99TURBO
02-20-2010, 12:19 AM
I hope you know what your doing with all that wire Mitch. :rofl:

Galant306m
02-20-2010, 12:27 AM
lol...I had to say something when I saw that...still miss my Harley though

So do you have all the parts at this point then or still need a few more to finish up?

Nah i still need a few things, i need to make a list in the next couple of days.

Shadow19
02-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Im highly disappointed that you didnt take the time and attempt to clean the engine bay and shit. However this build is going to be a beast!

Ivory8g
02-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Im highly disappointed that you didnt take the time and attempt to clean the engine bay and shit. However this build is going to be a beast!

like my car i dont think this car was meant to win car shows it is a dd that is functional and meant to win races. no polishing pipes and intakes only polishing other cars and drivers on the street and strip. :P

Galant306m
02-20-2010, 07:17 PM
see ivory knows what we are going, this thing is never going to be at a show or anything of that sorts, just my personal toy really.

RedGalant2k1
02-20-2010, 07:40 PM
Bah, make it shiny!

Ivory8g
02-20-2010, 07:54 PM
waste of time.

letsrunem
02-22-2010, 01:53 PM
We ball hard

Galant306m
03-07-2010, 06:26 AM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/IMAG0028.jpg

idk what that pipe is for lol, just mocking up the cold side really.... waiting on some reducers and clamps to finish the thing. got to get a cyclone iat and figure out where i want to spray the meth.

Voodoo
03-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Where are you going to mount the electric supercharger?

Galant306m
03-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Its already mounted

Galant306m
03-08-2010, 11:10 PM
And if everythig goes as planed it should start in the next few weeks for sure

Galant306m
03-11-2010, 06:21 AM
Cold side is done wireing should be wrapped up this weekend if i get the day off, going to order the rest of the crap i need to make the engine start.

This is the list for the engine to run
Fuel pump need swaping
get the fuel rail system setup
spark plugs, wires and coils need to be added
clutch slave needs to be put in with line ran
mount the water injection tank wire it up and run the nozzle
weld my downpipe and mount it
fix my muffler
do my oil lines for my turbo (using stainless steal AN fittings)
put my starter in and bat
start the car!

4-G-rim
03-12-2010, 01:19 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/IMAG0028.jpg

Are you going to fix that "bend" on the cold siding piping right before the Tbody?

Rizzzo29
03-12-2010, 08:47 PM
that was just kinda thrown together to see what piping would go where, not set in stone like that and prob will be adjusted

Galant306m
03-12-2010, 11:28 PM
Yea I fixed it

Galant306m
03-14-2010, 06:17 AM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/IMAG0031.jpg

Im going to shorten that pipe that goes to the tbody like 3"s and then it should be good.

Ivory8g
03-14-2010, 04:37 PM
:-) can't wait to see the bumper cut and fit around that massive ic! Curious how a 7g will look with an ic as big as mine

Shadow19
03-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Fuck cutting the JDM bumper for that big ass FMIC. I took my time and sucessfully mounted a smaller FMIC with 2.5'' piping. With a little creativity Mitch could have probably saved his bumper without hacking the shit out of it but to each his own. Looks sexy however. I just know that it took me 4 days to weld and make a mount for my fmic, route piping and do some very small amount of trimming to my bumper. It still looks off but the bumper needs to be re worked and fitted properly next time i take it off. Looking good mitch!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/7Gowner/IMG_1414.jpg

Ivory8g
03-14-2010, 06:02 PM
I took my time with a dremel and a saw blade and it looks perfect. No peeled paint or anything. Measured the core of the ic and the sides of my car to the first edge of the ic and made my cuts. Not rocket science......

Shadow19
03-14-2010, 06:38 PM
I took my time with a dremel and a saw blade and it looks perfect. No peeled paint or anything. Measured the core of the ic and the sides of my car to the first edge of the ic and made my cuts. Not rocket science......

Indeed it isnt rocket science. However, the vr4 7g front has NO ROOM at all to mount anything. Its all about the creativity. It took me a few hours to plan on how im going to mount then route the piping. If you look close my IC is upside down.

Galant306m
03-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Got a set of four brembo calipers from a evo 9 four pot fronts and two pot rears with stainless lines FTW ill post pics later

blue8g
03-14-2010, 08:05 PM
dang mitch that's legit

M-Rod
03-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Yeah buddy! Pics will be of them installed already, right? ;)

Galant306m
03-14-2010, 08:22 PM
Nah I'm at work and I need to make a adapter for the fronts

M-Rod
03-14-2010, 08:25 PM
Something like these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DSM-ECLIPSE-TALON-EVO-AVENGER-BREMBO-BIG-BRAKE-BRACKET_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2558f2af6bQQite mZ160406089579QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5f Accessories

Galant306m
03-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Perfect

blue8g
03-14-2010, 08:43 PM
mitch i wanna see this.....i'm only 15 minutes away......when can i see it lol the galant'll be on the rg-rs in the next two weeks, we can fap to each other....(and our cars)

Galant306m
03-14-2010, 09:43 PM
I'll text you wen I have off again

blue8g
03-14-2010, 10:42 PM
I'll text you wen I have off again

k cool

Galant306m
03-15-2010, 06:15 AM
Brembo!
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/26648_104998072862932_1000005821937.jpg

mko
03-15-2010, 06:47 AM
noise

Ivory8g
03-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Stoppage powa!!!

Galant306m
03-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Yea they will look hawt behind my new wheels

mko
03-15-2010, 04:51 PM
did u buy the brackets? i just got them from the same guy, but on dsm tuners

Galant306m
03-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Not yet was going to today or tomorrow

Voodoo
03-16-2010, 03:20 AM
What kind of rotors are you gonna use for those brembos?

Galant306m
03-16-2010, 03:28 AM
Willwood rotors

ICEMAN99TURBO
03-16-2010, 05:51 PM
What other rotors can you use with them? Powerslots?

mko
03-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Willwood rotors

Dont tell me youre keeping the 4 lug pattern.

Galant306m
03-16-2010, 11:15 PM
Nope going with their five lug evo rotors

Galant306m
03-18-2010, 02:56 AM
Picking up something for 50bux lets take some guesses on what it is....... may be something for next winter

WhiteGalant
03-18-2010, 03:35 AM
Blow up doll?

Da_Prodigy
03-18-2010, 06:26 AM
car cover?

blue8g
03-18-2010, 07:11 AM
opium?????

Galant306m
03-18-2010, 07:23 AM
Starts with a and ends with a d there is a w in the middle and it will make my car launch kinda hard.

Joshua42007
03-18-2010, 08:10 AM
UPS Brought me something today.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/1228250072.jpg

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/1228250074.jpg

Those are some damn good speakers, i got a set here hooked up to me ps3.

Ivory8g
03-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Starts with a and ends with a d there is a w in the middle and it will make my car launch kinda hard.

all wheel drive for $50? Lulz!!!

RAZ_76
03-18-2010, 09:25 AM
A white Dick?????I dunno...lol

Shadow19
03-18-2010, 04:07 PM
a widdle dick? lol i knew u liked small cocks for under 50!

ICEMAN99TURBO
03-19-2010, 12:01 AM
Hey Mitch, let me know if you need anything powder coated and I can hook you right up. :)

Galant306m
03-19-2010, 08:11 AM
bumper is so close to fitting
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/IMAG0002.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/IMAG0001.jpg

I have very little time to work on the car anymore which sucks but work should slow down soon, worked 13 12hr days in a row now i need a day off, but the money is good and helps me buy shit for the car like brembo's lol

Ivory8g
03-19-2010, 10:27 AM
good gosh 13 12's? what in the heck do you do?

Shadow19
03-19-2010, 04:26 PM
good god.. Do you not have a level.. LOL that FMIC is crooked as hell! looks OK though... Get that bitch running mother fucker!

phizzalot
03-19-2010, 04:44 PM
looking good.... your working hard for da money man :)

Galant306m
03-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Thnx I'm hoping I get off this weekend

4g63lover
03-20-2010, 11:01 AM
good god.. Do you not have a level.. LOL that FMIC is crooked as hell! looks OK though... Get that bitch running mother fucker!

Only carpenters and backyard Bobs use Levels! lol. That's what my teacher told me in class the other day.

Shadow19
03-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Only carpenters and backyard Bobs use Levels! lol. That's what my teacher told me in class the other day.

I didnt use a level on mine... but if your eye is that fucking crooked you by all means need to use a level.. LOL. I used to do interior trim for a living so i notice when something is 1/16 off level or plumb.

Galant306m
03-20-2010, 06:57 PM
I could care less

RedGalant2k1
03-20-2010, 07:04 PM

Find a different class.

Galant306m
03-20-2010, 07:07 PM
I could care less

Voodoo
03-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Thnx I'm hoping I get off this weekend

I'll get you off this weekend :orangewink:

Galant306m
03-21-2010, 07:21 AM
Fuel Rail, its just a stock 2g rail powder coated wrinkle red.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/IMAG0003-1.jpg

SPD_FRK
03-21-2010, 12:07 PM
^looks pink lol

Galant306m
03-25-2010, 08:11 AM
y the fuck did my god damn tbelt loosen up just sitting around errr. lol

Galant306m
03-27-2010, 10:24 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/DSCN7424.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/DSCN7423.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/DSCN7422.jpg

ICEMAN99TURBO
03-27-2010, 11:35 PM
Ooooooo secksi!

polishmafia
03-28-2010, 02:32 AM
Will you please finish this turd? Geezus man, stop posting about it on FB and FINISH THE DAMN CAR!

seth98esT
03-28-2010, 11:44 AM
y the fuck did my god damn tbelt loosen up just sitting around errr. lol

How loose is it? About as loose as your mom? If so, you might have issues with your tensioner pulley, or auto tensioner.

:P

Voodoo
03-28-2010, 12:44 PM
Mitch wake up, I'm cumming over

Shadow19
03-28-2010, 03:01 PM
I read a thread on tuners about the auto timing tensioner in our cars. basically from what i gathered after the car sits for a while and the cams start to relax and blah blah its normal but when you start the car it tightens up.

Galant306m
04-06-2010, 08:18 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7428.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7429.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7431.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7433.jpg
ecu is almost ready to go back in
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7434.jpg
this is where im going to put the meth injection tank
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7435.jpg

djhah
04-07-2010, 12:49 AM
wow i just spent 2 hours reading this thread amazing work man i cannot wait to see the finished product.

Galant306m
04-08-2010, 12:47 AM
BAM!

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7437.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7438.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7439.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7440.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7441.jpg

Ivory8g
04-08-2010, 04:58 AM
Progress is coming along nicely!!!!

Galante
04-08-2010, 06:00 AM
good job man!

Galant306m
04-08-2010, 07:15 AM
Progress is coming along nicely!!!!

Thanks!
and thanks for pwning my moron friend on FB that was truly entertaining haha!

Ivory8g
04-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Haha I got so heated during that banter lmao. Then calmed down and was like w.e this guy is a tard lol!! I re read it and it's pretty damn funny!

ICEMAN99TURBO
04-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Mitch you fucking looser! Looks good man, are we going to see it in May? ;)

Galant306m
04-08-2010, 06:37 PM
good job man!
thanks

Haha I got so heated during that banter lmao. Then calmed down and was like w.e this guy is a tard lol!! I re read it and it's pretty damn funny!
ah he is a taurus guy i wouldnt worry about it to much they are kinda dumb

Mitch you fucking looser! Looks good man, are we going to see it in May? ;)
yes our goal is to have it running next week now should be a blast.

ICEMAN99TURBO
04-08-2010, 08:41 PM
:woot:

Da_Prodigy
04-09-2010, 10:28 AM
man can't wait to see it all done

skrap
04-09-2010, 10:34 AM
video or it doesnt happen...

skrap
04-09-2010, 10:36 AM
I am very curious to see how the meth inj works out for you and what the real benifits of it is.. If it works god for you I might be interested in doing it myself..

Galant306m
04-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Yayz ecu powers up!

M-Rod
04-10-2010, 05:40 PM
ah he is a taurus guy i wouldnt worry about it to much they are kinda dumb

What about Taurus guys?

Galant306m
04-10-2010, 07:28 PM
they are kinda dumb at times.

Voodoo
04-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Who would have guessed you'd actually have to plug the ECU in for it to turn on? :wub:

M-Rod
04-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Ouch. Thanks Mitch :)

Galant306m
04-11-2010, 03:06 PM
Ouch. Thanks Mitch :)

:wub:

Galant306m
04-13-2010, 05:56 PM
Only have my resistor packs to wire up now! Anyone want to offer some help with them? they dont seem to hard really you have 4 black wires which one could go to each injector and then there is a white wire which i dont know where that one goes its either a 12v power or just a ground for the resistors.

mko
04-13-2010, 06:06 PM
here it is

http://massj1.homestead.com/files/injector_wiring.jpg
thats the general idea.

remember the ecu opens injectors by grounding the circuit.
the multi color wires on the injector connectors are the ground, thewire thats the same color onevery injector is your 12v source.

cut the 13v wire,run one wire from each injector to merge into one wire that will be wired into the resistor pack, then run the 4 low impedance wires bsck to the injectors.
then conceal the wiring within the harness.

there are no ground wires at the injectors. One is constant +12V and the other one comes from the ECU and it pulses out +12 to 0 volts. The injectors are open at 0 volts and closed at +12 volts

Galant306m
04-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks mko!

coil ignition is wired up and i had to get another flange to move my turbo out some cause of the water pipe situation.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7447.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7448.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7449.jpg

Shadow19
04-13-2010, 07:19 PM
Damn mitch. That sucks about those head studs....

Galant306m
04-13-2010, 08:16 PM
its no big deal they are cheap anyways ill get some tomorrow.

Galant306m
04-13-2010, 10:50 PM
turbo back on
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7450.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7451.jpg

it will probably be back off tomorrow

Voodoo
04-14-2010, 12:15 AM
it will probably be back off tomorrow

why?

Galant306m
04-14-2010, 12:31 AM
cause thats how i roll lol!

Nah i got to get some new studs and stuff plus put a gasket in between the two flanges, so ill have to take it back off to do all that. I just put it on so i could rotate the thing and figure out how it was going to mount up and stuff.

skrap
04-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Are you going to wrap that tubular manifold?? Or at least get it coated?? Its going to get soo hot.... You might end up cracking it....

Ivory8g
04-16-2010, 03:49 PM
do what i did mitch hi temp coat and wrap.

Galant306m
04-17-2010, 04:13 AM
do what i did mitch hi temp coat and wrap.

yea im going to today when i take it off that's a really good idea!

Ivory8g
04-17-2010, 11:24 AM
For sure dude it works wonders. And eventually get a turbo blanket and wrap the downpipe as well

Galant306m
04-20-2010, 06:41 PM
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7452.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7453.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z128/viper306m/Turbo%20build/DSCN7454.jpg

closer just waiting for my iat bung to get welded on to my cold pipe so i can wire that in and start the bitch up. Going to put my fuel pump in tomorrow and finish up my exhaust. SOOOOOO CLOSE.

Galant306m
04-20-2010, 06:43 PM
Oh and for anyone who wants to 5spd a galant the 3000gt shifter cables fit they are a bit long but long is better then short always haha. I got mine from a 92 vr4 and they work great.

Voodoo
04-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Sweet spark plug cover!

Galant306m
04-20-2010, 08:40 PM
yea it looks awesome im really happy with it and it was not to expensive compared to a oem one 20 bux extra and i got cf? Can't go wrong there.

ICEMAN99TURBO
04-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Woot man! Can't wait!

RedLine DOHC
04-21-2010, 12:11 AM
so you gunna post up the "first start" vid

DOHCstunr
04-21-2010, 08:32 AM
couple points of emphasis.

Ditch that shitty exhaust manifold gasket and get a mitsu 4 layer.

2nd,
ditch those studs and cheap fasteners for your head to manifold flange and get new OEM mitsu studs, OEM mitsu copper locknuts, and oem mitsu wahers.

install them properly and torque the nuts to spec. start car. drive it down the block. let cool, then retorque the nuts to spec.

I'm trying to help you avoid hours and hours of headaches and exhaust leaks from broken studs, backed off nuts, and broken studs.

phizzalot
04-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Nice work can't wait to hear your first review of startup and test drive..

Galant306m
04-21-2010, 12:33 PM
couple points of emphasis.

Ditch that shitty exhaust manifold gasket and get a mitsu 4 layer.

2nd,
ditch those studs and cheap fasteners for your head to manifold flange and get new OEM mitsu studs, OEM mitsu copper locknuts, and oem mitsu wahers.

install them properly and torque the nuts to spec. start car. drive it down the block. let cool, then retorque the nuts to spec.

I'm trying to help you avoid hours and hours of headaches and exhaust leaks from broken studs, backed off nuts, and broken studs.

I had ones from mitsu but since i had to put another flange in between i had to get cheaper longer ones.

Ill call and see how much 2 mls gaskets are i doubt they can be to much....

Galant306m
04-21-2010, 12:38 PM
so you gunna post up the "first start" vid
If it starts lol but yes there will be tons of videos.

Nice work can't wait to hear your first review of startup and test drive..

Yea im ready to drive it again.

Galanttuner10
04-21-2010, 08:14 PM
stop posting and get er did!!!!!!!!!!!

Galant306m
04-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Lol im working on it haha. Just can't get the fuel pump out haha. Seriously though i know its taking a long time but consider what all happened with the car at once.

Galant306m
04-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Oh yea and im a fucking idiot i pulled all those wired out and my maf was one of them sooooo now i have to re wire the ecu for a IAT sensor.

DOHCstunr
04-22-2010, 05:30 PM
I had ones from mitsu but since i had to put another flange in between i had to get cheaper longer ones.

Ill call and see how much 2 mls gaskets are i doubt they can be to much....

Dude.... Did you try denting the water pipe with a bfh?
Thats all I had to do to get my compressor housing to clear.
just hit it with a hammer until the front of the pipe is nice and flat. Its what all the dsm guys do.

Galant306m
04-22-2010, 05:50 PM
we tried with one of the other water pipes that i have laying around, but its so close to the block with out the pipe in there when we did it the pipe split so we came up with just spacing it out and then rotating the housing so that it would fit. It will still hit it with a half inch spacer. The other problem i was having was the cuppler was hitting the front engine mount which rotating it slightly and with the spacer it clears.

Another problem that im running into is my oil feed line wants to be kinked because of the manifold. I wondering if i should run the feed line off the oil filter block or just try and use the hole from off the head.

Shadow19
04-22-2010, 08:42 PM
Feed that bitch from the head. Anyways. Youre going to be running a speed density type deal? Or are you going to be running the maf setup? If youre running speed density you can use the blue wire from the AEM meth progressive controller as a map sensor so you dont have to buy one.

Galant306m
04-22-2010, 08:47 PM
Feed that bitch from the head. Anyways. Youre going to be running a speed density type deal? Or are you going to be running the maf setup? If youre running speed density you can use the blue wire from the AEM meth progressive controller as a map sensor so you dont have to buy one.

I bought a 3bar map sensor and a gmc cyclone intake air temp sensor yes im going to be running speed density. The only other person i know of that is running it is john but he has a 1g ecu so it wont help me figure out which pins to use for the IAT sensor.