PDA

View Full Version : colored tubbing

queball
01-27-2003, 05:35 AM
Hey guys i took all the ugly black tubing off my motor and replaced it with blue stuff. but for some reasom the one that hooks to the PVC valve keeps colapsing right where it bends and goes to the TB i even relaced it once by making the tub longer and it still colapsed do you thing theres a pkug some where or the tube is just to weak?????? i put the OEM back on but haven't looked to see if its colapsed..

JiP
01-27-2003, 12:28 PM
Yep that'll happen. The black "stock" are real stiff they dont collapse. I think the intake sucks with more force then the PCV is blowing and therfore collapses the tube. There isnt as much pressure under the valve cover as there is being drawn into the intake/cyl chambers.

I dont know if you should keep the colord tube or not on the PCV, someone else will have to answer that. Put a fuel filter inline on that hose though to capture the oil that the pcv blows out and into your intake. (Poor Mans Catchcan) https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

pinoyesv6
01-27-2003, 12:31 PM
this isn't a solution but an alternative. if u can't replace the hose, how about u just slit the hose dressing and slip it over the oem hose.

JiP
01-27-2003, 02:51 PM
if u can't replace the hose, how about u just slit the hose dressing and slip it over the oem hose.

Best idea.

queball
01-27-2003, 07:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>if u can't replace the hose, how about u just slit the hose dressing and slip it over the oem hose.</div>

Best idea.</div>

yeap that will work geez i wish my brain would work better some time https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif i can set there and think of a way to fix something for hours and nothing ever comes to be and then ppl like you guys come up with the simples answers.. see if i would have thought about it a couple more days i would have thought of that..

2True
01-27-2003, 09:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>this isn't a solution but an alternative. if u can't replace the hose, how about u just slit the hose dressing and slip it over the oem hose.</div>

That's what I did on a lot of the hoses :thumbsup: