PDA

View Full Version : Manifold

audio_uphoria
11-22-2008, 01:21 AM
I've been digging around on the forums and can't find the info I'm looking for. Now that I finally found a v6 throttle body for my i4 I want to get a bigger intake manifold. What intake manifolds out of what cars would be a direct fit? Has anyone used the one from the outlander? Second can I get the same info for exhaust headers? To the guys who have upgraded TB and headers how much of a difference have you noticed? I know the g pushes around 140 stock, what numbers can I shoot for with v6 TB, headers, cat back, ram? While I'm at it does anyone really think a TB spacer is worth it? I've read alot of negative feedback on those. Thanks for your help.

skyhigh90210
11-22-2008, 01:56 AM
1. The intake manifold from the outlander will fit with some modification.
2. You can get the DC or OBX header for the 3g eclipse.
3. Couldn't tell you, I don't have these upgrades.
4. I'm not to sure on the numbers you could expect but the differences will be noticeable.
4. Don't buy a TB spacer its just a waste of money for something that just makes an annoying whistling sound everywhere you go.

audio_uphoria
11-22-2008, 06:45 PM
Are there any intake manifolds that would bolt right up out of another car or would I be better off buying after market? (I'm on a tight budget)

QnzMostWanted
11-22-2008, 06:57 PM
intake headers?

audio_uphoria
11-22-2008, 07:01 PM
intake headers?

What are you talking about?

QnzMostWanted
11-22-2008, 07:04 PM
shoulda quoted you....nice edit, dont play dumb lol

audio_uphoria
11-22-2008, 08:29 PM
lol yeah I did say that and then edited it. Wasn't thinking when I posted that.

the_boogiman
11-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Did I read that first post wrong? You're trying to find a v6 intake manifold that will fit on your 4 cyl. engine?
I've been wrong before, but I'm fairly sure that's not gonna work. See if you can find a pics of a v6 intake manifold, and a 4 cyl. intake manifold. You'll see what I'm talking about.

gtx
11-23-2008, 01:12 AM
Did I read that first post wrong? You're trying to find a v6 intake manifold that will fit on your 4 cyl. engine?
I've been wrong before, but I'm fairly sure that's not gonna work. See if you can find a pics of a v6 intake manifold, and a 4 cyl. intake manifold. You'll see what I'm talking about.
That's not what he said.

the_boogiman
11-23-2008, 01:28 AM
That's not what he said.

Wow! I read that yet again, and this time it made sense. Don't know why I didn't get it before.

My bad, dude.

mko
11-23-2008, 10:38 AM
I've been digging around on the forums and can't find the info I'm looking for. Now that I finally found a v6 throttle body for my i4 I want to get a bigger intake manifold. What intake manifolds out of what cars would be a direct fit? Has anyone used the one from the outlander? Second can I get the same info for exhaust headers? To the guys who have upgraded TB and headers how much of a difference have you noticed? I know the g pushes around 140 stock, what numbers can I shoot for with v6 TB, headers, cat back, ram? While I'm at it does anyone really think a TB spacer is worth it? I've read alot of negative feedback on those. Thanks for your help.

Why do you think your intake manifold is restrictive? if you were making 400hp, I'd understand why! or you think it is not looking cool enough! Your car makes around 120 hp right now, if you do all these upgrades you'll make 10-15 more at the most. I'd say TB will make some difference. i have done them all, and believe me with auto tranny/7g especially/ it's a waste of money. Fortunatelly, ill change that

audio_uphoria
11-23-2008, 07:29 PM
Yeah I understand I figured I'd make around 10 more. I was just going under the theory that the better the engine breaths the easier it makes power. I guess with my question I could understand why you guys think I don't know squat about motors. I want to turbo my galant and do the head swap and tranny swap when I pay off the car so the tb and manifold would work for both my current n/a set up and when I boost so it's not exactly a waste of money. Of course I'd be throwing money away by getting an exhaust manifold right now.