PDA

View Full Version : should i get the alignment redone?

escoson
01-27-2003, 11:57 AM
hey guys, i am going to get my new tire put on my rim in about an hour and was wondering if i should also get my alignment redone. i drive the car to my dads house last week on the donut and he is about 5 miles away. the whole time the rear squeeked and the donut sounded like it was gonna come off. i stopped about 1000 times. my only question is that after i put the rim back on should i get the car aligned?

thanks.

pinoyesv6
01-27-2003, 12:12 PM
i suggest that u do. or at least get it checked. u should get an alignment discount when u buy new tires. and yea u don't wanna ruin a new set of tires over something like u not wanting to spend money on an alignment. here's another tip. if the old tire is repairable or hell the one good tire (u buy tires in pairs) save the tire. then u find a used wheel shop and buy a steel rim or any other cheap ass rim. then get the tire mounted on there and u got urself a full size spare.

escoson
01-27-2003, 03:51 PM
well i had the wheel mounted on the rim and when i got home i noticed something. the new tire is 235.40.18 and all my others are 225.40.18!!! now my question is. if i use the 235.40.18 and all the others are 225.40.18 will this mkae a huge difference? please get back asap! i need to do this soon my car has been sitting for 10 days https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

pinoyesv6
01-27-2003, 09:08 PM
u should be fine. just make sure that the 2 tires (u always buy new tires in pairs) are on the same axle all the time. meaning the new tires should both be in the front or both in the back, not one in the front and one in the back.