PDA

View Full Version : ecu swap

TurboGalant
01-27-2003, 03:08 PM
Who has done this?

I got my hands on an Eclipse e-prom ecu. My roommate (honda guy) says I can just swap the ecus right out. It would help my turbo.

Is it that simple? Just plug in the new one?

Kain
01-27-2003, 03:53 PM
Umm, no. There are a few diffrences in the pinouts. (not sure on the number, but it's a couple) There's a site that has the instructions on how to modify the ECU so it will work... if I get real ambitious I'll come back and post it up.

Jesse
01-27-2003, 04:57 PM
There's also a difference from 94/95 galants and 96-98 galant ECU's

JiP
01-27-2003, 06:58 PM
I dont feel like looking for the links again, check in the S-AFC installation topic I posted 2 links of the pinouts of the 2g eclipse ecu. I also marked down on paper somewhere which pins we don't have or have extra. That will only be good information for 96+ galants. If you have pre 96 I have no idea what the pinouts are.

You'll have to move like 3 pins, and plus remember eclipse have DIS, galants have crappy distributer, so now you also need coilpack and power transistor, and run the wires for that. Im not sure if the cam sensor works the same on both cars, I would assume so. Eclipse I think have MAP sensor, 97 model cars as Manybrews told me dont. So that might throw an CE light on you car, unless you have the MAP sensor. If not you may have to figure a way to install one. The fuel pump signals are something else to think about, 2g turbo ecu send out 12v, Eclipse spyder (4g64 engine) gives out 5v to a relay.

I want to swap just to get rid of the damn distributer. But all the information is making me dizzy :roll:

pinoyesv6
01-27-2003, 09:43 PM
it might be harder than u think. uhm some things off the top of my head, are the options on the eclipse, are they the same as the galants. the emissions are they both fed or both cali spec cars. the motor from the eclipse, ov course a 420a ecu isnt' gonna work with ur 4g64 and a few other things.