PDA

View Full Version : Recall on my 8g

audio_uphoria
11-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Hey everyone who owns an 02 galant I'm sure you know about the recall on the front wiring harness thats been out for like 6 years. Just called mitsu to see if this has already been done and it hasn't so now I'm looking at taking it into the dealer to get it fixed. Call me paranoid but I HATE to get my car worked on anywhere except my trusted mechanic ESPECIALLY the dealership. Last time I brought that car to the dealership I asked them to do a full inspection on it before I bought it and they were trying to charge me $800 to fix the drivers side lower ball joint. I brought it home and looked at it and as far as I could tell everything was solid and didn't need any work so I brought it to my mechanic who looked the whole thing over and confirmed I didn't need to repair/replace anything. Long story short I almost refuse to ever bring my car to that dealership. My point, can anyone tell me exactly where the front wiring harness is rubbing and what mitsu is doing to prevent it and can I just do it on my own? Thanks guys.

RedGalant2k1
11-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Just call or ask the dealership, they have to tell you.

02_8thGen_ES
11-25-2008, 04:47 PM
I have an 02 also. Maybe I should look into this.