PDA

View Full Version : anyone selling headers??

krazienluv10
01-27-2003, 10:39 PM
hey everyone, does any body know any other companies that are selling headers for a 98 galant besides rpw or even better is there anyone willing to sell me one used cuz vision imports are takin a while with there shipment from australia or something lyke that and then there gonna send the shipment from them to me thanks...

2True
01-28-2003, 02:08 AM
FYI Chris,

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7893 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7893')

There are no other 7g manifolds that I know of.

Jesse
01-28-2003, 12:52 PM
Just as an FYI that I assume most 4g64 veterans know.

ANY EXHAUST MANIFOLDS AND TURBO MANIFOLDS FROM A 4G63 NA and 4G63T BOLT DIRECTLY UP TO A 4G64 HEAD.

So this means, all 1g's that were NA will fit the 4g64. Since you obviously don't want a stock 1g manifold, look at all the options for the 1g. Such as Archer racing, there are others, just do searches.

The only difference might be the location of the flex pipe, so it may not be a direct bolt onto for the cat, but any muffler shop can make it fit easy.

Definitely lots more options then some people are aware of.

2True
01-28-2003, 01:57 PM
Dude, I totally forgot about that! You just saved me some serious cash flow Jes, thanks! lol

seth98esT
01-28-2003, 02:11 PM
yah exhaust manifold only though...the intake manifolds dont bolt directly up :x pretty sure the throttle bodies do not either, they might if you also take the IAC controller from the 1g...

Jesse
01-28-2003, 03:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>yah exhaust manifold only though...the intake manifolds dont bolt directly up Â*:x pretty sure the throttle bodies do not either, they might if you also take the IAC controller from the 1g...</div>
except the IAC from the 1g has a different style of sensor then the galant uses. You'd have to switch ECU's to have a campatible IAC, but switching ECU's is a good thing, especially with EEprom. Then you can re-map your fuel and do some tuning.

I almost bet that if we could properly tune our cars, including timing and fuel mapping and all of that with a adjustable cam gear, and an ECU with EEprom, we could squeeze another 10-20 hp out of our motors.

JiP
01-28-2003, 05:12 PM
1g TB does bolt up, the IACs just use different conrol mechanisms.

While ago I wrote a controller to use the 1g IAC that would piggy back on our ECU, (I got a BS in Electrical Engineering https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif ) However I didnt get as far as tapping the ECU for input. I had my laptop wired to the IAC and I could control it by pressing certain keys, it confused me though how when I would tell the IAC to close, thus letting no air in, the car should have stalled, or RPM should have dropped, however it kept idling at its same level. That pissed me off and I scrapped the project. lol

But Now I think i know what the problem was, and tomorw swapping IAC's and will post results.

seth98esT
01-28-2003, 05:17 PM
sweet! tell us how it goes, i am interested in doing this...even though ill be doing the DOHC swap in June...

JiP
01-28-2003, 07:53 PM
I plan to swap to DOHC too im cleanin the head as we speak...However you'll still be stuck with 52mm TB...and how do you plan to handle the distributer cap? Swapping ECUs?

JiP
01-29-2003, 02:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>sweet! Â*tell us how it goes, i am interested in doing this...even though ill be doing the DOHC swap in June...</div>

Must have posted this under like 3 differnt subject becuase it was spoken about under 3 different subjects i just want to make sure everyone reads it!

I got the IAC swap to work!! I have the 60mm tb on my galant rightnow, with the 4g64 IAC atatched to it. Takes a bit of creativity but it seems to work, car idles in Drive a tad higher then I would like, around 950, but I going to close the biss, althoguh there are only a few turns left till its shut, however, closing one of the IAC intake holes or partially closing would probably be a better starting point, lower idle, and use biss to adjust it back up to around 750.

Havnt acctually driven it yet as my upper radiator mod is leaking, so repairing that in the oven..dont ask, drive around tomorow let you know how it goes..

pinoyesv6
01-29-2003, 02:42 PM
but also remember that u do need to fabricate a new downpipe for the headers if u use the eclipse's headers. just a lil heads up...and if u have a cali spec, worry about them bungs for the o2 sensors too

GalantSpeed
03-16-2003, 03:22 PM
ok i'm buying eclipse headers...does it matter what the engine size is? 2.0 or 2.4?