PDA

View Full Version : Injector problem...

Dennis7GV6
12-07-2008, 07:05 AM
I have a problem with my injectors, there just really bad...

I had them cleaned, and it improved a bit, but i've decided to replace them,

Now i got a slight problem, i just can't get my hands on the original ones, i've searched en

tried everywhere, even in Japan. On the site of the manufacturers of my injectors (nikki)

my type doesn't seem to excist or something.

So i've found some injectors which will fit, and the impedance is right too, mine are 2,8

Ohms, so the low impedance peak and hold type, but...

I just can't find the xcact amount of cc's... Mine are originally 275 cc's, and all I can find

is smaller, no go, really bigger, like 400,450,850,1000,1600 cc's, and i've found some which

are really close to mine, like 285, 300 320 cc's...

I've asked around, and people are telling so much different stories i just don't know what

to believe anymore...

So i'll ask it hee too, can or can't I put bigger injectors into my engine without major

modifications to it? And do or don't i have to install a A/F controller.

And is it better to stay close to the originals or can i put in like 450 cc, what will keep my

tuning options open for the future?

I don't mind what i put into it, as long as she runs again... She is standing there for a few

weeks now... '(

This is one of my injectors...

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3178/1061/20443030098_large.jpg

gtx
12-07-2008, 02:40 PM
If you are planning on modding the car anyway, just get bigger ones, but you will need something to tune the car.

Dennis7GV6
12-07-2008, 03:50 PM
If you are planning on modding the car anyway, just get bigger ones, but you will need something to tune the car.

Thnx, I really need some help here, i surfing the net for about 4 weeks now, as long as my car is standing unemployed, ans I just don't know what to buy

and what not...

Okay, i understand, but to tune the car, what "something" do i need?

Something like an air/feul controller, like an Apexi neo or so? Because my ECU is not flashable i've been told...

And how big should i go, something like 450cc's?

Sorry i'm very new at this and as i said, i hear sow much different story's from different

people that i don't know what to believe...

I dont want to buy for 600 euro worth of injectors if i'm not really sure they will work and i

won't wreck my precious engine... ;)

tom04841
12-07-2008, 07:18 PM
You could use the apexi neo to tune the bigger injectors. If I were you, I would try to stay as close to stock size as possible if you don't have a way of logging your fuel trims.

gtx
12-08-2008, 12:51 PM
An inexpensive solution is the Greedy Emanage. And you can monitor AF ratios with a wideband like the AEM UEGO. You can find a good starting guide for injectors here (http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/fuelinjectorguide.htm) and here (http://www.deatschwerks.com/catalog/fuel_calculators.php). How big injectors you'll need depends on your goals/other mods, you have to do the research and decide for yourself. As far as comparable injectors to your oem ones: such a small displacement turbo v6 is quite unique, maybe that's why you have a hard time finding low imp. & relatively small injectors. Maybe ask Deatschwerks if they have something for you.