PDA

View Full Version : oil filter relocation kit

4g63lover
12-09-2008, 10:26 AM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a103/4g63lover/t_16624_01.jpg

I've seen a lot of 240 and Honda guys relocate their oil filter somewhere in the engine bay instead of the bottom off the car. I'm about to drop the Galant a little more and run 16" wheels and tires so I was wondering if anyone knows if the EVO relocation kits fit or if anyone knows how these work or install onto a car. I want to move my oil filter cuz i'm scared I'd rip it off once the car is dropped another inch. Also, it would make installing oil pressur gauges and possibly the feed to the turbo easier IMO. any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cali
12-09-2008, 10:42 AM
i used to scrape the FRAME when i had the oem wheels on my car...never had a problem with the filter.

but to answer you question, yea, you can use the evo one.

Reelax
12-09-2008, 11:00 AM
yeah other things are going to touch down BEFORE your oil filter. only reason to do this would be for easier access i guess (or if you need room to put something else in the oe filter location).

xd_01
12-09-2008, 01:03 PM
i wouldnt worry about that if anything youll smack the oil pan first if the object your hitting is off to the side of the k frame. that actually happen to me years ago, it fucked up the pick up and my motor was toast after that.

some of the DSM guys use it because they relocate it in a spot where they able use those long ass truck filters for added oil.

got any pics of it installed on an Evo?

Jeffylou87
12-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Relocation kit = more space = bigger filter

Stewi
12-09-2008, 09:52 PM
Relocation kit = more space = bigger filter

Exactly

Its done just because you can use a larger filter for better filtration and more capacity. Valvoline makes a filter that fits our cars but is high capacity. I tried running it, but I cant due to using the EVO filter housing and -8AN fittings for my cooler, but it will work on a stock 8g, or one with sandwich adapter, I will try to get the part#

02galant
12-09-2008, 10:14 PM
Definitely post that part number if you can.

4g63lover
12-13-2008, 06:12 PM
Thx for the feedback everybody looks like I'm not going to need it then