PDA

View Full Version : rear end

queball
01-29-2003, 08:16 AM
Well guys ive just about had it my car is still sitting low in the rear and causing my tires to camber, out side the specs of even being in alignment.. ive taken it to the 2 mitsubishi dealers,minikee,mastermuffler, earl jones, and even drove 30 miles to a shop that just does suspentions he told me for sure he could finger out what the problem was, well the only thing ive gotten from every one is that nothing is bent none of the joints or bushings are wore out..so that leaves struts or coils.. well im not rich and i can barley afford to pay my bills now but i don't know if buy coils would fix it or sturts... i can't afford both right now.. and i don't wnat to buy one and find out that wasn't the problem and have to take it all apart again.. as it is i need to have it aligned but i want to get the rear fixed first so im not wasting more money,, my passanger rear time is out of aliment bad it actuly not only cambers but to me looks like its turned, i think the body shop screwed it up when they were fixing that rear fender.. but any wasy what do you guys think would be my best choise... i can say that when i get a could ppl in my back seat the rear realy drops to the ground and i scrape on every drive way and speed bump.. i don't know if any one elses galant does that with ppl in the rear or not.. but still that could say that it could be eaither coils or struts..

nme7
02-27-2003, 05:38 PM
I had a similar problem in my car. On the rear tires, the inside tread started to wear out much faster. Alignment didn't help. I had to overinflate the tires to stop the wear. What fixed the problem was to replace my worn out struts. That solved it and put everything (alignment-wise) back to normal.

queball
02-27-2003, 08:13 PM
yea when i get my tax return i was going to try and replace them but i wasn't sure where to replace the strucks or springs or both..

Kain
02-27-2003, 09:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(queball)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea when i get my tax return i was going to try and replace them but i wasn't sure where to replace the strucks or springs or both..</div>

You never need to replace your springs, unless you've massively abused your car. Like jumping it off a cliff or something. The struts in the rear are likely dead. Do you have a massive system in your trunk? I'm thinking you've got some major weight in the back end of your car messing up your camber if nothing is bend in the suspension.

cantbeatmy97
03-01-2003, 11:21 AM
i have my state inspection license in the state of NH and by checking the shocks and struts and to bounce the car in the rear and front if it bounces more than 3 times it fails also u can tell if the shock and struts are leaking by wiping yur finger if oily then there bad or by seeing if there dry right under the piston hopefully that helps u out a little