PDA

View Full Version : I think the clutch is going bye bye

mko
12-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Well i noticed that I hear a noise when the clutch engages and it appears from 3k and above. I broke in the setup with more than 500 miles of mixed driving. The noise first appeared when i drove in the heavy rain yesterday. I checked everything when the tranny went in - dowell pins,bolts....., but who knows.

Any suggestions are welcome.

kolio
12-12-2008, 07:06 PM
mine made funny noises when the TOB gave out. is it OEM?

good luck finding the prob. my new clutch seems it's not going to last long either.

mko
12-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Nah, it came with the exedy clutch kit. Is it posible that its going bad so soon?

Its not really a noise, its like a little vibration that turns into a noise

Dragon-and-his-mitsubishi
12-13-2008, 03:50 AM
If you want to know, if your clutch work properly or not, there is a simple test for it. Just start on engine, pull there 3rd gear, engage ebrake and without trottle start slowly lash out of clutch pedal. The engine will stop if the clutch is OK. The noice could be clutch bearing, cos mine G did the same before replacing for new one.

bronxbombr
12-13-2008, 07:41 AM
I told you that you needed that OEM thow out bearing. My work is flawless so it has to be the part. Did you change the clutch master and get the right one like I told you?
I know for a fact that I put in the swap perfectly and precise. Its got to be either the TOB or the clutch master like i been saying.

bronxbombr
12-13-2008, 07:43 AM
also check that front engine mount, could be moving around when you are shifting gears too. I been beating on the same clutch for over 3years now with no probs, although i am using all brand new parts and official OEM TOB

mko
12-13-2008, 10:09 AM
you know that the only part that wasnt brand new was the flywheel, right.

i'll do the 3rd gear test and check on that front mount.

kolio
12-13-2008, 11:41 AM
i get this wierd thing too. if i go past 4k rpm the linchages shake like a mother.

mko
12-13-2008, 02:43 PM
I told you that you needed that OEM thow out bearing. My work is flawless so it has to be the part. Did you change the clutch master and get the right one like I told you?
I know for a fact that I put in the swap perfectly and precise. Its got to be either the TOB or the clutch master like i been saying.

yo Al, I wasnt saying that you didnt do a good job, i know you did a good job and I thank you for it. I was just asking a question bro, and I didnt even mention your name, so dont get defensive.

mko
12-13-2008, 10:05 PM
this bolt fell off somewhere and got stuck in between the exhaust pipe and the heatshield.
it scared the shit out of me, i thought some major went wrong!

can anyone reccognize it? to me, it looks like one of the bolts off the lower control arm.

it's 17mm socket and its 7th grade

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/okm12346/HPIM0467.jpg

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee291/okm12346/HPIM0468.jpg

Blue Ice
12-14-2008, 02:37 AM
rear tranny mount? or a bolt that holds the tranny mount to the tranny

Blue Ice
12-14-2008, 02:41 AM
is that thread lock on the threads?

bronxbombr
12-14-2008, 09:01 AM
not getting defensive dude, just wanna know what the problem is just like you. how long is that bolt? remember some bolts were left from the old tranny. I know for a fact the tranny is bolted together. Did you modify or buy that flywheel inspection shield? that bolt is not long enough to be a tranny bolt but still check the rear perch and mount. and inspect the front mount too.

mko
12-14-2008, 05:25 PM
rear tranny mount? or a bolt that holds the tranny mount to the tranny

Good call bro, it was that bolt. thanks

put it back in with some threadlocker and also the vibration is gone. thats a relief

DOHCstunr
12-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Good call bro, it was that bolt. thanks

put it back in with some threadlocker and also the vibration is gone. thats a relief

Shouldn't need any threadlocker.
More than likely it wasn't torqued down... or tightened at all.