PDA

View Full Version : Strobes in headlights.

Gizmo
01-29-2003, 08:43 PM
Ok I installed some strobes in my headlights this evening, they look real good only wish they were a little brighter. Anyway, I have a second set (for inside, maybe vents) and I just wanted to know if I could run the second set of strobes off the same power from the first? I have the frist set of strobes hooked up to the battery with a fuse then ran a switch to the inside of the car. I don't know if that is too much for the fuse (20a) or just run a separate wire for the second set.

pinoyesv6
01-29-2003, 08:51 PM
if ur just using the wire that came with the strobes. my suggestion is to go out to the audio store and pick up some power wire. i think i got 8 gauge cuz thats the smallest they had. but yea use that to bring power for ur accesories then just get the power using that. the last thing u wanna do is overload that thin power wire u have now and fry it by tryna add another strobe to the load...

but yea interior strobes, i dunno. i know my neons can flash to the beat and its annoying having it flash around while im driving. i now have it set to constant on...

VegasMatt
01-30-2003, 01:22 AM
I leave my interior neons on always on too. There is a member in vegas who put LED lights in his air vents that flash when the bass hits, its not to bright and its a clean effect. I want some that would change color, I think that would be cool.

RedGalant2k1
01-30-2003, 03:10 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if ur just using the wire that came with the strobes. my suggestion is to go out to the audio store and pick up some power wire. i think i got 8 gauge cuz thats the smallest they had. but yea use that to bring power for ur accesories then just get the power using that. the last thing u wanna do is overload that thin power wire u have now and fry it by tryna add another strobe to the load...

but yea interior strobes, i dunno. i know my neons can flash to the beat and its annoying having it flash around while im driving. i now have it set to constant on...</div>

Allan are you crazy? 8ga. wire on strobes is WAY to much....i would use between 20-24ga. wire because you want the current to travel fast, if the wire is too big well the strobes won't work well.

btw, i have 4 strobes off the same fuse...strobes don't need that much amperage. .1watt to 1watt at the most..and thats for multiple strobes.

pinoyesv6
01-30-2003, 07:47 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>if ur just using the wire that came with the strobes. my suggestion is to go out to the audio store and pick up some power wire. i think i got 8 gauge cuz thats the smallest they had. but yea use that to bring power for ur accesories then just get the power using that. the last thing u wanna do is overload that thin power wire u have now and fry it by tryna add another strobe to the load...

but yea interior strobes, i dunno. i know my neons can flash to the beat and its annoying having it flash around while im driving. i now have it set to constant on...</div>

Allan are you crazy? 8ga. wire on strobes is WAY to much....i would use between 20-24ga. wire because you want the current to travel fast, if the wire is too big well the strobes won't work well.

btw, i have 4 strobes off the same fuse...strobes don't need that much amperage. .1watt to 1watt at the most..and thats for multiple strobes.</div>

my 8 guage wire isn't just for the strobes. its for my my other auxilliary lighting too, neons, LEDS, and a few other things. its hooked up to a fuse distrubiution box. i also have room to expand in the future too if need be. no more tappnig the fuse box for me. too many mishaps. not only with my car but other cars too like small electrical fires to just burning out fuses and fused links

Calie
01-30-2003, 09:15 AM
i have strobes in the vents, theyre running off the same switch as my LRD squirter lights. it has a really cool effct. girls love it.

HeadAche
01-30-2003, 09:50 PM
I have strobes but there the police version that i found at the junkyard, that i have hooked up to my Alarm..When its armed they all go off, headlights, corners, under the car, tails and the interior.. When i got to shows i have a switch hidden in the car, when armed and the car is in park they all flash.. pretty cool feature when i had it done..