PDA

View Full Version : Hood pins? Pics?

ChromeGalant
01-30-2003, 08:09 AM
For those of you with hood pins.. could you post pics?
also cost of install?
Debating on trying the install myself or letting a shop do it...

With a Fiberglass hood.any members with fiberglass hoods.. I've got questions 4 ya...

Xavier22
01-30-2003, 08:17 AM
ITS EASIER W/ FIBERGLASS than the cf hood, tirso - theres a tutorial somewhere round here'!

Khopari
01-30-2003, 11:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>For those of you with hood pins.. could you post pics? Â*
also cost of install?

With a Fiberglass hood.any members with fiberglass hoods.. I've got questions 4 ya...</div>

yo chrome you can do it home,, like KinGAzteK02LA its much easier with fiber glass,, i seen it on this civic,, it looks aight,, but pesonally i dont like drilling holes in my hood

pinoyesv6
01-30-2003, 11:33 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>For those of you with hood pins.. could you post pics? Â*
also cost of install?

With a Fiberglass hood.any members with fiberglass hoods.. I've got questions 4 ya...</div>

yo chrome you can do it home,, like KinGAzteK02LA its much easier with fiber glass,, i seen it on this civic,, it looks aight,, but pesonally i dont like drilling holes in my hood</div>

hood pins are a must with a fiberglass hood. even if it looks good or ugly. the last thing u want is ur hood flying open and breaking off while you are driving

Khopari
01-30-2003, 11:35 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(K h O p A r I)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>For those of you with hood pins.. could you post pics? Â*
also cost of install?

yo chrome you can do it home,, like KinGAzteK02LA its much easier with fiber glass,, i seen it on this civic,, it looks aight,, but pesonally i dont like drilling holes in my hood</div>

hood pins are a must with a fiberglass hood. even if it looks good or ugly. the last thing u want is ur hood flying open and breaking off while you are driving</div>

hey probably could get you insurance reduce by that mod :idea: :laughing: :laughing:

ChromeGalant
01-30-2003, 01:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>hood pins are a must with a fiberglass hood</div>

You're right Pinoy... thats why I was asking.. I wanted a view from someone who has actually DONE this.. I really dont have faith in the latch + a fiber glass hood.. Installing pins this weekend..

HeadAche
01-30-2003, 09:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>hood pins are a must with a fiberglass hood</div>

You're right Pinoy... thats why I was asking.. I wanted a view from someone who has actually DONE this.. I really dont have faith in the latch + a fiber glass hood.. Installing pins this weekend..</div>

I have a set of Sparco Double locking pins, you need a kit just to unlock it.. There used on my EVo hood.. the only way anyone is getting my hood is they gotta take the whole car..lol.. i would still go to someone to do it, just because if they fuck up they pay for a new hood, if u fuck up, well u just fucked up a $500 hood..

HeadAche
01-30-2003, 09:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>hood pins are a must with a fiberglass hood</div>

You're right Pinoy... thats why I was asking.. I wanted a view from someone who has actually DONE this.. I really dont have faith in the latch + a fiber glass hood.. Installing pins this weekend..</div>

I have a set of Sparco Double locking pins, you need a kit just to unlock it.. There used on my EVo hood.. the only way anyone is getting my hood is they gotta take the whole car..lol.. i would still go to someone to do it, just because if they fuck up they pay for a new hood, if u fuck up, well u just fucked up a $500 hood..

ChromeGalant
01-30-2003, 10:29 PM
Yeah.. but after this past week of working on it and the kit, I feel that I am a Bondo, Putty filler and fiberglass expert and can fix anything!!!!!

Wish me luck..