PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust KRACKLE...Errrrr

NOSMAN7G
01-30-2003, 03:47 PM
I have a quick question....I got my exhaust done a few months ago but now every time I accelerate and the decelerate it krackles like mini backfires...its really annoying and sounds like crap. Why is this and how do I stop it? Thanx :?:

Jesse
01-30-2003, 03:57 PM
I'm guessing you have 2.5" pipe.

It's just gonna do that due to back pressure. The only way to stop it would be to get a baffle like the tuneable exhaust have.

NOSMAN7G
01-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Thanx

redboy
02-09-2003, 12:04 PM
WHAT IS THE STOCK DIAMETER OF OUR EXHAUST, I LIKE MINE CUZ I DONT HAVE THAT POPPIN, VERY RARELY...IF I UPGRADE TO LARGER PIPING I WOULD HAVE TO BUY A BAFFLE TOO??

2True
02-09-2003, 05:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redboy)</div><div class='quotemain'>WHAT IS THE STOCK DIAMETER OF OUR EXHAUST, I LIKE MINE CUZ I DONT HAVE THAT POPPIN, VERY RARELY...IF I UPGRADE TO LARGER PIPING I WOULD HAVE TO BUY A BAFFLE TOO??</div>

In case you are unaware, using all capitals on a forum board or any portion of the internet is interpreted as YELLING. Please refrain from using all caps on your posts, there is no reason to yell.. Thanks

manybrews
02-09-2003, 06:41 PM
popping is not normal, no matter what diameter pipe you have.
more than likely, you have an exhaust leak somewhere.

g96nt
02-11-2003, 01:27 PM
I don't think that galants have Any sort of overlap that Would Cause your "blappapapapaa"

my volvo does it, but only on engine-braking, becuase of the severe cam overlap.

my guess.... really bad leak, or *POSSIBLE* toasted cat?

HeadAche
02-11-2003, 02:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(g96nt)</div><div class='quotemain'>I don't think that galants have Any sort of overlap that Would Cause your "blappapapapaa"

my volvo does it, but only on engine-braking, becuase of the severe cam overlap.

my guess.... really bad leak, or *POSSIBLE* toasted cat?</div>

how would he be able to check for the leak? just turn the car on and checking the weld surroundings or actually on the exhaust itself.. and wouldnt removeal of the car give him that nasty lawnmower sound.. Because at the moment im having a problem similar to that, but only during acceleration, after 2nd gear it goes away..

redboy
02-11-2003, 04:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(redboy)</div><div class='quotemain'>WHAT IS THE STOCK DIAMETER OF OUR EXHAUST, I LIKE MINE CUZ I DONT HAVE THAT POPPIN, VERY RARELY...IF I UPGRADE TO LARGER PIPING I WOULD HAVE TO BUY A BAFFLE TOO??</div>

In case you are unaware, using all capitals on a forum board or any portion of the internet is interpreted as YELLING. Please refrain from using all caps on your posts, there is no reason to yell.. Thanks</div> my b playa.... :wink:

o0 XeRO G 0o
02-26-2003, 02:54 PM
I don't think that galants have Any sort of overlap that Would Cause your "blappapapapaa"

my guess.... really bad leak, or *POSSIBLE* toasted cat?

how would he be able to check for the leak? just turn the car on and checking the weld surroundings or actually on the exhaust itself.. and wouldnt removeal of the car give him that nasty lawnmower sound.. Because at the moment im having a problem similar to that, but only during acceleration, after 2nd gear it goes away..

i too am having this problem. it'll pop real bad when accelerating from a slow speed and between 45-50 mph, it pops horribly and the car jerks back and forth. i dont know what the problem is. i'll check it in a little bit for leaks the best i can... if anybody has any more suggestions, lemme know