PDA

View Full Version : Vents

MidNightRacing
01-30-2003, 05:41 PM
started like tuesday. When i tunred of my car I turned off the heat rear defroster and the buttom that closes the vents(keep in the air and does not let fresh air in) I had it set on recycly. when i pressed the button It started making a noise. This happened like 3 times out of 5. anyone know what this might be? does it need to be oiled?

manybrews
01-30-2003, 10:06 PM
its the fresh air/recirc motor. its internally stripped. its located directly behind the glove box. quite easy to replace.

MidNightRacing
01-31-2003, 01:51 PM
It has to be replaced?? F*** read my other post in General posts and information for the 7g its titled F****** pice of F****** S*** or something like that

redlobster
01-31-2003, 04:18 PM
how much does a motor cost for that? cuz when i bought mine it was doing that, (sounds like a clicking from behind the glove box?)

manybrews
01-31-2003, 04:40 PM
i dont think the motor is that expensive.
yes, its rather common, and its only going to make the noise in one direction (usually the fresh air position, if i remember correctly).
just remove the glove box, and youll see a small electric actuator with a little metal rod attached to it that drives the fresh air/recirc air door.
its only held in place with 3 screws, so its relatively easy to replace.

redlobster
02-01-2003, 10:50 AM
ok
thanks