PDA

View Full Version : Changing the spring pads when lowering?

dniice87
12-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I just ordered AGX shocks struts and tein lowering springs...

How many of you had to change the upper and/or lower spring pads when you lowered your car?

This thread got me thinking it may be important https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=22464&highlight=spring+pads

xd_01
01-08-2009, 04:02 PM
depends how worn out they are, unfortunately the only way to really know is if you take it apart and im pretty sure the dealer doesnt carry those on regular so it would be a special order item that could take a week to get.

if you have a low mileage car you should be fine but to tell you the truth ive changed the suspension in my car a number of times and it never crossed my mind that those would be worn out, luckily they were fine.
hope this helps

dniice87
01-08-2009, 05:51 PM
thanks man. ya i'm gonna just hope for the best...but i do have 130,000 miles on her. just got my kyb agx's and rear camber kit in today :D i should have her dropped in the next few weeks!

glantv699
01-08-2009, 10:11 PM
You revived an old thread of mine? I'm honored haha.

Well I'll tell you right now, that lowering was done with wayyy less than 130K, probably somewhere in the 70K range. The car is a 99 so age was a factor, but xd makes a good point, the dealer / NAPA had very little of what I needed on hand. I ordered all the little accessories weeks ahead of the actual lowering. Good luck!