PDA

View Full Version : Spiralmax

Alister_McRae
08-18-2002, 11:33 PM
Is a Spiralmax compatible with a injen air intake or otherwise known as a CAI? And how does a Spiralmax work?.....Thanx

T.S.
08-19-2002, 01:07 AM
You can delete your own double post with the edit function, no need to leave it for mods

RedGalant2k1
08-19-2002, 01:09 AM
Alister, as long as it fits in a 2.5" pipe it 'should' work, rather fit. Its not necessary.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T.S.)</div><div class='quotemain'>You can delete your own double post with the edit function, no need to leave it for mods</div>

done. Thanks.

TJC
08-19-2002, 01:23 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alister_McRae)</div><div class='quotemain'>Is a Spiralmax compatible with a injen air intake or otherwise known as a CAI? And how does a Spiralmax work?.....Thanx</div>

Spiralmax and the Tornado both are fixed metal fin products, much like a fan but stationary. The idea is to force the air going into the engine to swirl. What this does in theory is help with atomizing the fuel.

Many have dynoed it to show practically no gains. Why? Well you actually place an object in the path of airflow causing restriction just to force the air to swirl. Then this air goes through the butterfly valve in the TB (throttle body) and into all the bends of the intake manifold, and all the way into the cylinder. I don't think there's much swirl left in the air after going through all those other parts before reaching it's destination, lol. You'll be luck if it actually doesn't cause unwanted turbulence.

Anyway, if you really want to try one of these things, the instructions on the sites that sell it tell you to measure the width of the inside diameter of the piping of where you are going to be putting this product.

I say save your money and put it into things that have been tested to show gains like I/H/E, TB, HFC, even plugs and wires will do more for you, lol.

rumpl_forskin
08-19-2002, 01:11 PM
I have heard alot of bad about these things...... Most importantly that it actually decreases your horsepower. Just what I've heard, thought I'd throw it out.

Alister_McRae
08-19-2002, 03:52 PM
i wasnt serious about getting one, just wanted to know how the gizmo works