PDA

View Full Version : JDM wiring harness

r-ezz.e
01-31-2003, 12:44 PM
sup guys.....i just got the 2g JDM tails the other day and i'm looking to put them on this weekend. However, i've got an idea of wut to do but i also have not check up the tutorial since my computer is just the regular dial up.......but i will, i'll go to the library or something. But my question is, does anyone know where i can get the wiring harness for the tails? W/out any hassles.....number, websites, or names.....Please? thanx

pinoyesv6
01-31-2003, 02:17 PM
if u do a search on the board, u will find one of 3 things. 1. bgr's tutorial using powerpoint. a link to my tutorial in plain ole html or 3. a tutorial that was written up in simple text here on the board...

r-ezz.e
01-31-2003, 05:23 PM
yea know doubt, i did a search cuz as i said BGR's tutorial i can't download cuz i don't have powerpoint. I also said i do have an idea cuz i did check out ur tutorial and i have a print out of it also. But i just wanna see my options first w/out widing the hole and putting silicone and possibly make a mistake. So that's y i ask if anyone can help me get a wiring harness. So anyone? :?

Auto-9
01-31-2003, 05:46 PM
You could go my route but it's a little tougher and you'd have to really know wiring (which is why I gave my mechanic the parts and he figured out the wiring himself. For the reverse lights I used Sylvania 1003 bulbs (1 pack), and 2 packs of 1004 lights for a total of 4 bulbs there for the brake and parking lights. I forget the part numbers for the sockets though, I just remember I got mine at Pepboys, you'll need 2 single contact sockets for the 1003 reverse lights, and 4 double contact sockets for the 1004s. You can use your stock socket and 1156 bulb for your turn signals if you don't mind white, but I went amber and purchased a new set of amber 1156 (or was it 1157...) bulbs. If I can find the socket part numbers I'll let you know. They're Conduct-Tite/Motormite brand. I'm pretty sure it's 4 of the 85802 for the double contact bulbs (1004) and 2 of the 85804 for the single contact 1003s, but don't quote me on that...make sure you go to the shop and see for yourself. You'll know you got the right ones when the prongs on the socket are adjustable. As for the wiring don't even ask...I have no idea.

r-ezz.e
01-31-2003, 08:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>You could go my route but it's a little tougher and you'd have to really know wiring (which is why I gave my mechanic the parts and he figured out the wiring himself. For the reverse lights I used Sylvania 1003 bulbs (1 pack), and 2 packs of 1004 lights for a total of 4 bulbs there for the brake and parking lights. I forget the part numbers for the sockets though, I just remember I got mine at Pepboys, you'll need 2 single contact sockets for the 1003 reverse lights, and 4 double contact sockets for the 1004s. You can use your stock socket and 1156 bulb for your turn signals if you don't mind white, but I went amber and purchased a new set of amber 1156 (or was it 1157...) bulbs. If I can find the socket part numbers I'll let you know. They're Conduct-Tite/Motormite brand. I'm pretty sure it's 4 of the 85802 for the double contact bulbs (1004) and 2 of the 85804 for the single contact 1003s, but don't quote me on that...make sure you go to the shop and see for yourself. You'll know you got the right ones when the prongs on the socket are adjustable. As for the wiring don't even ask...I have no idea.</div>

Greatly appreciate the help Rallifan. Actually i will hit up Pepboys or something tommorrow morning and take ur advice. Don't worry i'm lost when it comes to wiring also that's y i'm having my friend help me out https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif
Thanks again.

r-ezz.e
01-31-2003, 08:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>You could go my route but it's a little tougher and you'd have to really know wiring (which is why I gave my mechanic the parts and he figured out the wiring himself. For the reverse lights I used Sylvania 1003 bulbs (1 pack), and 2 packs of 1004 lights for a total of 4 bulbs there for the brake and parking lights. I forget the part numbers for the sockets though, I just remember I got mine at Pepboys, you'll need 2 single contact sockets for the 1003 reverse lights, and 4 double contact sockets for the 1004s. You can use your stock socket and 1156 bulb for your turn signals if you don't mind white, but I went amber and purchased a new set of amber 1156 (or was it 1157...) bulbs. If I can find the socket part numbers I'll let you know. They're Conduct-Tite/Motormite brand. I'm pretty sure it's 4 of the 85802 for the double contact bulbs (1004) and 2 of the 85804 for the single contact 1003s, but don't quote me on that...make sure you go to the shop and see for yourself. You'll know you got the right ones when the prongs on the socket are adjustable. As for the wiring don't even ask...I have no idea.</div>

Greatly appreciate the help Rallifan. Actually i will hit up Pepboys or something tommorrow morning and take ur advice. Don't worry i'm lost when it comes to wiring also that's y i'm having my friend help me out https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif
Thanks again.

Auto-9
01-31-2003, 10:55 PM
Hey no prob, that's what we're here for. Wish I could help you with the wiring though, it's really like spaghetti to me.

Danger DANJ
01-31-2003, 11:47 PM
I have the JDM harnesses and bulbs. The brake and parking light bulbs are 7443 dual filament clears, the reverse bulb is a 7440 single filament clear, and the signal bulb is an 1156 single filament amber. I'm not sure about the sockets since they don't have any part numbers on them, but they can't be that hard to find.

Edit: Check this out, Maximas use the same bulbs that are needed for the JDM tails, so you could probably buy wire harnesses from a Maxima and use those sockets. Click here ('http://www.win.net/audtatious/audio/tech/maxbulbchart.html')