PDA

View Full Version : ignition kill

surreal
01-09-2009, 11:52 PM
ok, tonight i went to pick up my son after putting him in his car seat and get in the car it would not start.

i just got a tune up about three months ago and had my alternator, battery, and starter tested, everything checked out great.

i get juice, stereo, lights, so i know the battery is good. the wired thing is that when i turn the key nothing happens, no ticking sound, no clicking sound. as if the starter is dead, i just had my starter replace alittle over a year ago.

when we first got to the car i turn the key the wrong way and locked it a couple of time instead of unlocking it. i remember in the past i did something like this and my lights started flashing. the dealer gave my some key combination to try. something like, left, right, left, left, this with the key in the door, and that fixed it. thats not the combination, but it was something like that.

i guess i was wondering if i somehow turned on a starter kill, engine kill, security thing? thanks everyone for your help. i have my son this weekend, sure would be nice to have my car so we can do some stuff...

d@ve

surreal
01-10-2009, 12:08 AM
o, by the way it is a 1999 galant v6. after searching i noticed alot of users stating that the 99 does not have an immobiliser. thats cool. just wanted to say that when i turn my key from the driver side to lock it, a green light of a key turns on in the dash. not sure if this is an immobiliser or just the car stock alarm, but just thought i would add that.

dwjp90
01-10-2009, 12:45 AM
sounds like ur relays are working.

since u dont hear any clicking or anything try replacing those black boxs (size of a quarter) in the engine fuse box

lor_tek
01-10-2009, 01:08 AM
You might just want to check all the fuses just in case any are blown. I know this might not have anything to do with it, but it doesn't hurt to look at it. My brother had a 93 civic coupe and he did an ignition kill with just a fuse underneath the steering wheel. If he took the fuse out, can't start engine until the fuse is back in. Just a thought and worth looking.

surreal
01-10-2009, 02:02 AM
thanks so far, i will try both in the morning, the car is not with me, seeing that this could not happen in front of my place. im also going to try my spare key. if not any of this i guess it is off to the shop. i will keep you updated...

d@ve