PDA

View Full Version : Spotted turbocharged NY 8g silver/grey

Da_silvagride
01-10-2009, 01:12 PM
My boy spotted a turbocharged Silver/Grey 8g with New York plates. It had a huge front mount intercooler. Going down 95 south in Virginia. Also had a carbon fiber hood and JDM tails.
Anyone on here?

qnz
01-10-2009, 01:28 PM
if this was 5 months ago, then that woudla been me. haha

Da_silvagride
01-10-2009, 01:34 PM
if this was 5 months ago, then that woudla been me. haha

I thought it was you, then I remembered you moved south. lol

I wonder who it is.

boostzealot
01-10-2009, 01:49 PM
ooooo mystery galant. lol

9G
01-10-2009, 01:51 PM
its...not me

Galantfan88
01-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Deff not me

fatal1
01-10-2009, 01:56 PM
bodykit? only silver turbo one i can think of at the moment is jdm 4g64t and stewi but stewi has a stock hod and his car is off the road....maybee one other but as far as i know doesnt have a cf hood and hasnt finished thier project yet

qnz
01-10-2009, 03:39 PM
the guy coulda had a lower billet grill too. those can look like frontmounts if youre not not looking close enough

Stewi
01-10-2009, 04:27 PM
yeah, wasnt me for sure. I actually havent started my car in a week...damn I better do that tomorrow.....

Da_silvagride
01-10-2009, 10:56 PM
I talked to my boy he said the rear of the car had a bomex sticker on it. CF trunk and hood. It did have a kit. which led me to believe it could be Censee's twin from New York.

I think it was this guy:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2640830

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/564/1601/26408300001_large.jpg

platano
01-10-2009, 11:14 PM
damn is it that serious
lol

spdracr
01-10-2009, 11:14 PM
I talked to my boy he said the rear of the car had a bomex sticker on it. CF trunk and hood. It did have a kit. which led me to believe it could be Censee's twin from New York.

I think it was this guy:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2640830

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/564/1601/26408300001_large.jpg

as fatal1 has mentioned, this car is jdm4g64t

ill text him and see if it was him or not

Da_silvagride
01-10-2009, 11:17 PM
yeah, wasnt me for sure. I actually havent started my car in a week...damn I better do that tomorrow.....

I would love to see you car in person. Better started her up and drive it around the block, lol.

6G72Galant
01-11-2009, 04:53 AM
The cats out the bag now boys. It was me. Yes sir. Twas me in my newly modified Galant. I was just taking it on a test run.

i wish.....

jessblazed
01-11-2009, 04:49 PM
yeah that angel's car u might had saw on the i95

edit: yeah it was him i'm talking to him now

JDM4G64T
01-11-2009, 04:58 PM
damn someone saw me, took a vacation to GA. Flew south for the winter...LOL

boostzealot
01-12-2009, 01:02 AM
while you were down there did you put your canards on right?

greddy
01-12-2009, 11:16 AM
His car looks a lot like Cencee's car

boostzealot
01-12-2009, 11:44 AM
yep that was the point a long time ago. a lot of people didnt like the fact that he did it but eventually let it go. its clean and im glad its boosted but i would really really really like for him to find out the function of canards and fix his. that annoys the piss out of me that all that time and money would be spent on that car with that kind of detail being missed. i dont understand.

JDM4G64T
02-01-2009, 08:22 PM
yep that was the point a long time ago. a lot of people didnt like the fact that he did it but eventually let it go. its clean and im glad its boosted but i would really really really like for him to find out the function of canards and fix his. that annoys the piss out of me that all that time and money would be spent on that car with that kind of detail being missed. i dont understand.

Well at least you pay attention to that, but as shown in my sig, no canards. Went a different route with the car, selling the car soon, bought me an 06 WW MR. Will post pics soon....

Oh and here you go:
BUMPER CARNARDS: (also dive planes) are small wings attached to the front spoiler of a car for the purposes of modifying the aerodynamic characteristics of the car in a modest way.

The most common use of bumper canards is to increase front downforce on cars where the balance of traction is considered to be unfavourably biased towards the rear wheels. The bumper canards, once installed, provide additional downforce at the front of the vehicle, adjusting the balance of traction and thus improving the handling characteristics of the car.

4g63lover
02-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Well at least you pay attention to that, but as shown in my sig, no canards. Went a different route with the car, selling the car soon, bought me an 06 WW MR. Will post pics soon....

Oh and here you go:
BUMPER CARNARDS: (also dive planes) are small wings attached to the front spoiler of a car for the purposes of modifying the aerodynamic characteristics of the car in a modest way.

The most common use of bumper canards is to increase front downforce on cars where the balance of traction is considered to be unfavourably biased towards the rear wheels. The bumper canards, once installed, provide additional downforce at the front of the vehicle, adjusting the balance of traction and thus improving the handling characteristics of the car.

I think BJ was talking more about how your canards were installed than where. They aren't supposed to be horizontal but diagonal to be functional.

good luck with the evo.

JDM4G64T
02-02-2009, 12:34 AM
I think BJ was talking more about how your canards were installed than where. They aren't supposed to be horizontal but diagonal to be functional.

good luck with the evo.

Was just teasing, but then again, constructive criticism is ok. Sarcasm isn't needed......

spdracr
02-02-2009, 12:36 AM
you are getting rid of the car already ?? you are an ass**** :D

JDM4G64T
02-02-2009, 12:39 AM
you are getting rid of the car already ?? you are an ass**** :D

It's pretty much gonna be near me anyways, but I have a new ride now, so it's the route that I want to go. May end up doing the swap by the end of the year, that is if the new owner wants it done......hahahaha.....

greddy
02-02-2009, 12:55 AM
^traitor, going to an evo, psh, you should just swap the entire drivetrain from the evo into the galant, that'd be unique lol good luck with the evo, what's your screenname on evom?

Da_silvagride
02-02-2009, 11:47 AM
want to sell your turbo set up?

JDM4G64T
02-03-2009, 12:29 AM
^traitor, going to an evo, psh, you should just swap the entire drivetrain from the evo into the galant, that'd be unique lol good luck with the evo, what's your screenname on evom?

Same name....... Thought about it, have access to a evo 8 for parts, but gonna leave that one to cali.....lol. Car is being sold to a close friend of mine, so I'll still get to see the G every now and then, if she wants I may end up doing the swap after all......

JDM4G64T
03-02-2009, 02:26 PM
*Update* Car is being picked up in GA tomorrow, left it in my friends garage so it would be safe. So it'll have a nice home in FL. My friend is gonna buy the car from me so no more G for me...... :( If the WPPD, doesn't call by late March-April, I will be moving back to FL......woohoo!! Really don't wanna deal with the crappy weather up north, also the G will be garaged daily in my friends house, so there's one more spot in her garage for a nice WW Evo.... :). So most likely will be changing from TGCNY to TGCFL.

qnz
03-02-2009, 03:29 PM
sweet. more turbo SFL members