PDA

View Full Version : New dash kit?

rocgalant
01-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Hola. I recently copped the 09 Galant Sport and it has one of these annoying center consoles that integrates the radio and A/C controls so I can't just buy an aftermarket stereo. I'm basically trying to play my Ipod and I want to keep a cleaner look in the console area and I want to keep pretty good sound quality so no FM transmitter for me. I found a dash kit on Ebay for $15 (I didn't link to it cuz I don't know if I'm supposed to). Anyway, it looks like it could be the solution because it has the openings for the A/C controls and it has an opening for a single or even double din config. So I can get an aftermarket digital music stereo. Has ne1 bought this thing? Does it look like trash? I might have to cop 1 of these $$$ digital signal processors a la JL Cleansweep b/c most of them can hook up to the factory stereo and they have aux inputs that I need.

rocgalant
01-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Sorry to waste this post. I just went to the manufacturer's website. I'll contact them directly. I'll post more info on it if I end up buying it.

Its Reu
01-14-2009, 12:55 AM
yo i got the oem mitsu ipod connector for 70 shipped holla at me

rocgalant
01-14-2009, 07:19 AM
Did you get the OEM through Metra? Yeah definitely let me know because I would just go with that if it allows me to control the ipod through the factory radio. You got a '04 right?

Its Reu
02-06-2009, 12:24 PM
yup, i got an 04, i got a new radio so i dont need the oem ipod intergration. it does allow you to contorl ipod through the radio. if you want send me a pm i dont check the forums on the regular

Jeffylou87
02-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Pretty sure www.crutchfield.com sells a dash kit for it..

rocgalant
02-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Pretty sure www.crutchfield.com sells a dash kit for it..

I don't know what I'm going to do. The ipod adapter would be easiest and cheapest. But if I get the dash kit, I can install an aftermarket radio and get more equalization settings through the radio. Ah decisions decisions...