PDA

View Full Version : For those who fucked up their guages...

pinoyesv6
01-31-2003, 02:37 PM
I just got done talking to a representative from Autometer. I found out that u can use their electronic speedometers with your cars. it works with the sender that comes with your car. all you have to do is locate the sender wire. then u just have to callibrate the guages which is pretty easy, the instructions will tell how to do so. i suggest not hookup up the odometer or finding out how to use both just as a legal issue. just a lil heads up cuz i know ur guages get fucked up easily with the guage install

QnzMostWanted
01-31-2003, 07:41 PM
you can always go to a shop that does custom work, and hook up a custom cluster, and they can also set the odometer to ur existing milage too

pinoyesv6
01-31-2003, 07:48 PM
even if they set ur odometer to ur existing mileage, u'd still have to so all that legal paperwork...

JiP
01-31-2003, 11:34 PM
wew I just had a vision in my head of a new gauge cluster. It never even crossed my mind to do a custom cluster with aftermarket gauges. thanks!!

What kind of legal paperwork? Do you have to like get a notary or something to verify that the mileage on the new gauge is indeed yourold mileage from the old cluster or somethin?

pinoyesv6
01-31-2003, 11:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>wew I just had a vision in my head of a new gauge cluster. Â*It never even crossed my mind to do a custom cluster with aftermarket gauges. thanks!!
</div>

well i think u should keep ur oem cluster. i mean it has things like a SES light and all them warning lights a custom cluster would be hard to do without and would be hard to reproduce...maybe have ur old guage cluster hidden somewhere in ur dash and hook up the lights from the cluster to another light on the dash panel...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>What kind of legal paperwork? Â*Do you have to like get a notary or something to verify that the mileage on the new gauge is indeed yourold mileage from the old cluster or somethin?</div>

thats pretty much it. but they just have to have it on record too jsut incase u sell the car...i'd call sum1 and ask about it.