PDA

View Full Version : Who can Lower my car for me???

Sarah
02-01-2003, 10:48 AM
Where would I go to get my car lowered?????? Stupid question....but who does it?

VegasMatt
02-01-2003, 10:56 AM
Your local reputable speed shop. Or if you bought your springs locally and not off the net, usually where you bought them from can do it too.

As for shops in your area, I am uncertain, I would PM someone who had their car lowered that lives by you.

Black Magic
02-01-2003, 11:27 AM
hey i just got my coilovers and now i might be getting the kyb agx struts and i am also looking for a place in ct to do it for me. if you find someone let me know i want to get these things on for spring.

Xavier22
02-01-2003, 11:34 AM
hey nutto - why don't u search for u and sarah for a place, since you'll probably have more of a whereabouts to search in the phone book or 411 (no offense Sarah)!!! if there isn't a speed shop, a place like Kaufmann tire can do it for example, know what i mean!!! -

good luck

Black Magic
02-01-2003, 11:38 AM
i am having a hard time finding a place because the kyb struts need to be modified to fit my obx coilovers. not many paces want to do this mod because it includes grinding the washer plate on top of the strut

Xavier22
02-01-2003, 11:46 AM
i wouldn't see why not, as long as you're paying them to do it - i wouldn't consider it too much of a hassle to do also!! - but, i hear ya, E - hope u find a place nearby, to avoid driving many miles away!!!

99DE
02-01-2003, 01:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sarah)</div><div class='quotemain'>Where would I go to get my car lowered?????? Stupid question....but who does it?</div>

Check in the Yellow pages under Tires, a lot of tire stores handle shocks/struts and performance parts as well. Stay away from the big named stores, and go for the little guys. I had my car done by a tire store who installs springs and shocks/struts. I even supplied my own KYB and they just charged labor of like $35 each side for front and $25 for rears. Shop around over the phone it pays in the end.

Ohh, and sidebar note (Not being sexist, just realistic) you might want your husband/boyfriend do the calling and show up for the install, just so you don't get some jerk that thinks he can take advantage of you with the prices or tell you you need blinker fluid or elbow grease to help with the install when they are installing. :wink:

Hope all goes well.

Sarah
02-01-2003, 01:44 PM
Thanks, I have impressed quite the few men with my knowledge of cars( even if it only applies to Galants) but I have had a few Garages try to rip me off in my time