PDA

View Full Version : Turbo

skrap
01-22-2009, 07:57 AM
Ok so my buddy just bought a brand new t3/t4 turbo for a deal. it was just make and it has never been used. Now he has decide to not use it and go with putting an ls1 motor in his cav. So he offered me the turbo for 200. Will it work on a 7 gen turbo app? if so what would i need? and how much more in price. Would it really be safe using it. The bitch is about the size of my head!!!!
thanks

kolio
01-22-2009, 08:19 AM
to put it on the galant all you need is a dsm turbo manifold with a t3 flange. they go for like $120 on ebay. for the turbo and the oil/water lines. if it even uses water.

kolio
01-22-2009, 08:20 AM
Yea i know that but will it work with an eclipse manifold or will i have to get one custom built? Will it create too much boost?

is it internally gated? i don't think it is. but get an external wastegate for like another $150.

skrap
01-22-2009, 08:51 AM
Im pretty sure that it is external Will be harder to tune the boost and get everything right or no? and is that a good deal for the turbo it self?

kolio
01-22-2009, 09:18 AM
it's not bad.

consider this:

14b dsm turbo in good shape runs $90-125
16G turbo in decent shape runs $150-250

and external wastegates are better because there is no boost creep. getting an external wastegate will not make tuning harder. DOHCstunr runs an external wastegate as well as countless others.

Galantfan88
01-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Well lets start with this question...how big is your head? If you just have the turbo man, than you got alot more to go. Piping, electronics e-management , gauges....so on and soo on.

kolio
01-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Well lets start with this question...how big is your head? If you just have the turbo man, than you got alot more to go. Piping, electronics e-management , gauges....so on and soo on.

7G's don't use e-manage, if they do it's not easy. and the only essential gauge is a boost gauge

4-G-rim
01-22-2009, 06:19 PM
First off...who made the turbo?

Depending who made the turbo will determine if we suggest to get rid of it and why it was $200 or keep it and you got one hell of a deal.

skrap
01-27-2009, 06:55 AM
well i belive that the turbo is ftrom turbonetics, but i think he either got it off ebay or they were having a deal. Im not sure i will ask him. And to put and lsi into a cav isnt really going to be that hard all he has to do is convert it to rwd wich i was looking at the write up for it and it doesnt look that hard just very tedious work. i will be helping him do uit so i will keep you all posted. We know how to fabricate. Me and him make a go card the size of a dune buggy out of complete scratch. Its got a honda racing quad motor in it. All we have left is the wiring. N e way im not so sure that i am going to buy the turbo off of him. I am a little leary about it becasue im not sure if it even runs. I would be really pissed it i go through all that work and ops shit i need another turbo you kno