PDA

View Full Version : The "other" body kit

BLsGalant97
02-01-2003, 12:04 PM
Hey remember like 4-5 months ago, there was a company (i dont remeber the site) that was making another front bumper for the 7g. It looks kinda straight. But it wasnt available for like a month or something....what ever happened to it...i forgot the website so i cant check

2True
02-01-2003, 01:14 PM
http://www.visionautodynamics.com ('http://www.visionautodynamics.com')

http://www.visionautodynamics.com/images/95_99_Galant_Octane_Front.jpg

It is still "not available"... I don't think it ever will be :roll:

ViciousLord
02-01-2003, 02:35 PM
another one bits the dust

seth98esT
02-01-2003, 03:25 PM
ok guys that front bumper is a 95-98 240SX front bumper...if you do not know by now, both the 7g and the 95-98 240sx share the same width of 68.1!

so in my understanding it would take almost minimum fiberglassing to install it onto a 7g. i am curently shopping around for a 240sx bumper, we will see what happens

2True
02-01-2003, 04:30 PM
So you're telling me that visionautodynamic is just selling a 240sx bumper? That's BS, it's not even molded to our mounting points. I wonder if it would fit any better than the Accord bumper I tried out, would have worked if I could have made the bumper area a bit more curved...

Anyone know if they make a lip kit for the 240SX?

seth98esT
02-01-2003, 07:56 PM
i am pretty sure it is just a "modded" 240sx bumper...the octane.

95-99 Eclipse width is 68.3..... .2" longer than the galants, who here thinks this is a good canidate?

jluv97
02-02-2003, 02:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2True)</div><div class='quotemain'>http://www.visionautodynamics.com

http://www.visionautodynamics.com/images/95_99_Galant_Octane_Front.jpg

It is still "not available"... I don't think it ever will be :roll:</div>

did anyone else notice the lines where it was cut to fit?
Look under the headlights.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid49/pc61c78c549e7ecf390c32638230372bc/fcb1fbe8.jpg

Dark Anghell
02-04-2003, 09:50 PM
if this bumper did in fact come from a 240 SX, then we have huge amount of possibilities for the front bumper. Because 240SX in Japan is as common as a Civic in the states. So we have Do-Luck, D-Speed, Veilside, Bomex, C-west...can't think of other big names from japan...those kits look much better then the Octane or watever this front bumper is.

seth98esT
02-04-2003, 10:05 PM
they also made the octane for the accord and other vehicles so who knows....ill find out!

MidNightRacing
02-06-2003, 12:33 PM
SO its a bumper from the 240sx? the only difference is the mounting points and a few cut here and there? IF all of you are correct Im bout to go find some hot shit off a 240SX n put it on my G-ride

o0 XeRO G 0o
02-06-2003, 12:50 PM
that would be awesome if it was really from a 240 sx. that would give a lot more options and let us diversify a little bit. im crossin my fingers, come thru for us seth:thumbsup:

Jesse
02-06-2003, 12:51 PM
Just cuz the front bumper is pretty close doesn't mean the rear and sides are. This just opens ur possibilities to the front bumper.

I know modding side skirts is easy for the fiberglass gifted people.

2True
02-06-2003, 02:24 PM
Hang on there peolpe, I think you all are getting ahead of yourselves. The approximate measurements for the 240SX may be close to the 7g but I doubt they are identcal. Even if the width of the bumper is exactly the same as the 7g, the arch of the bumper may not be.

As a few of you know, I recently attempted a 90-93 Accord front end conversion (Blitz) and it did not go as well as I was hoping it would. The width of the bumper is a close match, a big .2 inch difference, but the problems arise in the form of mounting spots, curve of the bumber itself and and length of the fender well area. First off, I have a 98 and mounting a regular flat bumper on it leaves a huge gap between the headlights. No problem with some mesh and some creativity. Second is finding good places to mount it to the car, from what we found there are only 2 spots in the front of the car that would be good enough to keep the bumper from falling off. I'd like to say that all this is the easy part and we did actually get the thing onto my 7g ; it looked bad ass.
The Galant bumper was a bit more round than the Accord bumper, this created a rather large gap right under the headlights... That was our first really big problem.
The biggest problem is the sides, we have that little notch in our fenders right at the corner lamps to the headlights. This accord bumper went straight across, therefore it fit on the car up until that point... then there was a 1 inch gap from there to the wheel well. We couldn't find any way to remedy this, the headlights would not fit if we tried to fabricate something to fill the gaps.
Then we came to this conclusion, take the OEM 7g bumper and chop it all the way around at right under the headlights. Like Josh illustrated early with the Octane kit. Then you would either have to rivet or bondo the hell out of both bumpers to make them stay together and at the same time give it a smooth appearance. It that point I was frustarted as hell, so I sold it to my friend whom actually owns an Accord.... bolted right up https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

I'm not saying it isn't possible, because I've seen first hand that it most definately is. I just wanted to dissolve the idea that you can just go buy a 240SX bumper and expect it to bolt right on.. there is no way. I am sure that a pro install shop would be able to do it better than 5 guys in a garage in Alaska, but the that's where the big $$$ come in too...

Jesse
02-06-2003, 05:41 PM
Just to throw out something,

we welded 2 support bars onto the frame and connected it to where the 2 pieces of the front bumper bolt together at the bottom. This reduces all flexing in the body kit at high speeds as well as it could help those wishing to change kits and add places to help mount.

seth98esT
02-06-2003, 06:12 PM
alright, to fix the gap by the wheelwells couldnt you just fiberblass a small section to it? wheres royboy, im sure his front bumper from the 636 didnt just bolt right up...or you could mold the bumper to the car?

was teh accord bumper .2 too big or .2 in too small?

and the only thing i want from the 240sx or any kit is the front, screw the sides, the rears might be ok, but our best bet witht he sides would probably actually be the 8g...

2True
02-06-2003, 10:08 PM
The Accord was .2 too small Seth.

Of course it could have been fixed with fiberglass, what can't? I just don't have the skill or the resources for such an undertaking. That's why I said it could be done by a pro no problem, just cost mucho dinero..

pinoyesv6
02-06-2003, 10:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>alright, to fix the gap by the wheelwells couldnt you just fiberblass a small section to it? Â*wheres royboy, im sure his front bumper from the 636 didnt just bolt right up...or you could mold the bumper to the car?

was teh accord bumper .2 too big or .2 in too small?

and the only thing i want from the 240sx or any kit is the front, screw the sides, the rears might be ok, but our best bet witht he sides would probably actually be the 8g...</div>

yea, i like his technique. its good for a beginner. instead of molding the kit to the car, u mesh it together with the bumper.

seth98esT
02-08-2003, 09:56 PM
ok guys that front bumper is a modded 94+ accord octane bumper

ClickHere ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2402998684&category=6766')

2True
02-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Eh, I am giving up on the Body Kit stuff until I get back to the lower 48, then it will be ON!

You guyz would shit your pants if you saw how much shipping to Alaska is for an item like a front bumper!! Just think of it this way, that Accord bumper I bought cost 225... shipping was 260... :pukey:

Jesse
02-10-2003, 01:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth)</div><div class='quotemain'>wheres royboy, im sure his front bumper from the 636 didnt just bolt right up...or you could mold the bumper to the car?</div>

That's off an MX-6.