PDA

View Full Version : i got these coilovers for my galant

mitsu4G64
02-01-2003, 03:33 PM
i got these coilovers from ground control .. the thing is i bought them and the cost me about 400 i think i was robbed but i had the cash to spend...another thing is when i lowered it the back got slammed but the fuckin front was just floatin like it didn't know what its job was why is my shit in the front still up ..its still high but.not that much slammed.. do i need to get bigger rims or what.. oh yea how long does it take for the springs to settle :x

NRG
02-01-2003, 03:55 PM
Why can't you just adjust it to lower setting?

mitsu4G64
02-01-2003, 04:26 PM
yeah i got the fronts all the way to the bottom of the coil over i just don't know why it won't go any lower

Ghost Beat
02-01-2003, 04:32 PM
wow sounds weird... when i lowered mine on ground controls i had it so low the first time i couldnt ge the jack out... so i had to jack it back up and readjust the front and then pull out the jack.

mitsu4G64
02-01-2003, 04:48 PM
hey when you put your coilovers on did you have the tall ones in the front and the small ones on the rear or vis versa

Ghost Beat
02-02-2003, 12:27 AM
the bigger (wider) one's go in the front... the skinnier and longer one's go in the back.

D03GTZ
02-02-2003, 02:29 AM
Did somebody put the wrong ones on? hehehe

Ghost Beat
02-02-2003, 06:23 PM
ya it sounds like that's the case.

99BabyBenz-aka Herb
02-07-2003, 05:29 PM
When putting on the coilovers , were do you adjust the rear at? Im looking in to gettin them soon and putting them on myself.

In another post i read they said u have to grind down a washer the the coilover to fit is this true ?

Ghost Beat
02-07-2003, 05:48 PM
well i had to do it because my gc's were made for stock shox and i replaced my stock shox with agx but there are gc's available for stock and otheres made for agx's so you wouldnt have to bother with it at all.

Prophet
02-07-2003, 08:10 PM
It sounds like you have them upside down. If I remeber right my brother in law. Don't ask me how he did it but his friends put his on backwards on his Eclipse and he had the same problem. They had to flip them over and then everything was good. Again I don't know how they did it but that is just what he told me. I was laughing at him for days. You should have seen his air intake. He got that installed wrong also. That was funny as hell also.

Jason

Ghost Beat
02-08-2003, 01:41 AM
heh i always test out parts i get on a friends car first for instance we did my friends coils before we did mine if we mess his up then ill take it to a shop to get it done but we didnt so i did mine and together weve done about 4 other car's shox and struts so far...

jomin1016
02-14-2003, 11:59 PM
OK - here's my .02 - when I installed my OBX coilovers, I had the same problem - couldn't figure out why my car wasn't dropped. Even if I adjusted the coilover all the way down, it was lowered, but not really slammed, and I couldn't drive the car like that cuz the spring was compressed all the way.
I met up with another TGC member in NC, - and looked at his set up with the OBX's - there's a plate on the top of the stock spring that I had on mine that he didn't. - Basically, it's the plate that was on the top of the stock strut assembly. I put it back on with the coilovers, figuring I needed it, since it was on there before (not wanting to have "extra parts)....but after thinking about it, there was no sense cuz the new springs were like 3-4 inches in diameter and the plate wasn't really doing anything ( except for keeping my car from being lowered). I removed that and all was well....