View Full Version : No heat. its not the actuator

Vahn55
01-25-2009, 12:43 PM
So a while ago I lost heat due to my actuator being stuck on cold, I remedied this problem but last night it was especially cold and I lost my heat for whatever reason. Also when I got home in my drive way the temp gauge went up and that is when I shut off my car. It may have been low on antifreeze because Ive had a small leak that I hopefully fixed today. However im stumped on my problem of no heat. The valve by the gas pedal is on hot to, and I checked most of my fuses I think they are good to.

I have a 2002 2.4L galant ES.

RAZ_76
01-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Well, are you blowing air at all?? Also try this. The blend door sometimes gets worn because it has plastic gears like, inside there and after time those teeth get worn down and wont turn like it should, mine did that. I kept moving the knob around and I was getting the same result. It took me a minute to figure out what was going on. Go and push that white blend door handle inward with your hand and push it back and forth with the air blowing and feel for the hot air as you move the blend door. I bet that's the issue. I had to do mine manually like that for a while.

ZigenScarface
01-25-2009, 12:46 PM
why did u double post this thread?

RAZ_76
01-25-2009, 12:51 PM
why did u double post this thread?

This is the reason I pick on you, just let it go shoe man.

pinoyesv6
01-25-2009, 01:02 PM
honeslt,y i wouldn't worry about the heat, i'd check to see why your car was overheating first. check your fluids, see that the thermostat is working properly, look for any coolant leaks.

you're not gonna get any heat if the engine overheats and dies.

boochieboy
01-25-2009, 02:03 PM
A friend of mine had this exact same problem, and it turned out he needed a new water pump. But check the easy stuff first. May be an air pocket in a coolant line somewhere as well.