PDA

View Full Version : Door Shell?

superGT
01-28-2009, 01:40 PM
So my sister gave me her 2000 8G, she got hit on the driver side front and rear door. I'm looking for shells from some salvage yards and my question is will all the shells (99'-03') work?
Cause there are some that are close to me for $100 and then theres some futher away for the exact year that are $175, both are shells only.. any advise is greatly appreciated, and yes I did do a search but couldn't find anything only the "keyless entry" kept coming up

RAZ_76
01-28-2009, 01:48 PM
You could probably pick up the entire door cheaper then that. Taking the original shell off and then you have to get the new one on and welded is just a lot of PITA work. I 've done it before and I would do it again if a customer asked me to do it that way but I always recommend just replacing the entire door. I can have 2 doors removed and new ones installed in under 1 hour. Just trying to save you some money. A body shop will charge you a lot for all that labor. I know i would if i was doing it because of that PITA factor. You will have to remove the window trim to pull the shell off and most of the time that get's damaged in the process and cost 60 to 70 for two.

superGT
01-28-2009, 02:04 PM
I'll be doing the swap myself with a friend. I'll look at the price differnce between the two (full and shell) I'm just wanting to make sure that if i buy an 03 door that it'll still fit the car itself..

RAZ_76
01-28-2009, 02:14 PM
99 to 03 I4 or V6 are the same. Might be cheaper to look at a 99 door dude.

gtx
01-29-2009, 11:29 AM
You can pick up a full door for 100 bucks if you shop around. GTZ and non-GTZ doors are different, otherwise they are the same across all years. Just make sure they are straight and seal well.

G-spot
01-29-2009, 11:39 PM
Just went to Pick-a-part on Wallisville and found 3 driver side doors in good condition and on Northville location 4 good doors. I'll get the pricing on them later.