PDA

View Full Version : D2 Coilover Owners...

underated
01-28-2009, 08:05 PM
anybody got pictures of installs? i kind of want to see how you guys have them setup. pictures of the system on the car is basically what im looking for. if you want to throw in some pictures of the exterior of the car after install that would be cool too.

Gbaby2089
02-02-2009, 04:47 PM
yea seriously i really want to see some...also how's handling?

greddy
02-02-2009, 04:58 PM
yea seriously i really want to see some...also how's handling?

Why so many newb questions dude, search, the handling all depends on how deep you drop, what you set your preload and dampning too, etc... it's all about setup, just cuz you bolt coilovers onto your car doesn't mean it'll handle better, if they are set up improperly, they'll be worse than a shock/spring combo.

Underated, check out astig's car in the post a picture as your car sits now thread, it'll be a couple pages back from the last page.

spdracr
02-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Why so many newb questions dude, search, the handling all depends on how deep you drop, what you set your preload and dampning too, etc... it's all about setup, just cuz you bolt coilovers onto your car doesn't mean it'll handle better, if they are set up improperly, they'll be worse than a shock/spring combo.

Underated, check out astig's car in the post a picture as your car sits now thread, it'll be a couple pages back from the last page.

So how can a coilover setup be done imporperly and how can it be worse than spring/shock combo ??

ASTIG
02-02-2009, 05:37 PM
One thing I really noticed on the handling is how much easier it is to turn. the steering feel is lighter. but it maybe due to the negative front camber and almost perfect toe...my car's rear toe was way off previously thanks to Midas. THere's also less body roll compared to the tein/agx combo. I got the d2's set to about 18/36 on all fours at the moment

Gbaby2089
02-02-2009, 05:43 PM
alright thanks and sorry for noob question but how low can you get at lowest?

underated
02-02-2009, 06:44 PM
you can sit the frame of the car on the floor if you wanted too... i just got to really try mine out today and they are great. i need and alignment as my toe in the rear is way off (front of the tires stick out quite a bit). but like astig said, the steering does feel lighter and i like the fact that there isnt a huge spring perch in the front like i had with the kyb's. if it rides this good without truely being fine tuned i can only imagine how its going to be after getting corner balanced, aligned, new tires, addco sway bar and a new strut bar

Gbaby2089
02-02-2009, 09:46 PM
i am SOOO ready for extreme lowness and adjustability i hope my tax return is beautiful!

spdracr
02-02-2009, 10:30 PM
i have one problem that i havent figured out yet its that no matter how much lower i drop the front driver side it wont go any lower and i cant figure out whats stopping it from going lower, i managed to slam the passenger side but couldnt get the driver side to even out so i had to raise the passenger side up

greddy
02-02-2009, 10:36 PM
^I have the same problem, but mine is switched, my driver's side was lower than my passengers, but they were both fully slammed, so I just raised the passenger side up too.

silver01g
02-02-2009, 10:59 PM
im installin my D2's sunday ill have photos and comments up soon.

ASTIG
02-02-2009, 11:37 PM
did you check if the swaybar is getting in the way?

spdracr
02-03-2009, 01:13 AM
did you check if the swaybar is getting in the way?

what do u mean getting in the way ??

Stewi
02-03-2009, 06:58 AM
what do u mean getting in the way ??

He means that when you slam it is the link pushing the swaybar down so its resting on the control arm. On my megan setup, I have custom adjustable end links and when I went too low on the driver side, my end links actually hit the side of the frame rail in the wheel well when I turn. I had to raise it back up, I am in desperate need of a pro alignment.

ASTIG
02-03-2009, 07:52 AM
yup. try disconnecting the end links from the coilovers then lower the car on both sides