PDA

View Full Version : Brake Air Guides for 8G!

platano
01-30-2009, 10:56 AM
i know the evo comes with these stock, and i want to buy them for my galant for when i do my Brembo swap. is mounting these feasable?

i'm looking at these...

http://www.evo9parts.com/images/t_41.jpg

http://www.jscspeed.com/evo/brakes/mitsuducts.htm

you're thoughts..

Johnathansgalant
01-30-2009, 12:03 PM
ill be honest unless ur on a track i dont think ull ever need them for the streets.. i have the brembos and im on the highway alot and i have never felt the brakes fade or ne thing other than normal.. and i only have the fronts -- albeit i have the ss brake lines too so..

boostzealot
01-30-2009, 12:19 PM
i track my brembo equipped galant and dont need them so can you say overkill? not being a dick but you should spend the money on something else that you can actually use. what rotors are you going to put on it? what brake lines? what pads? see what i mean?

xd_01
01-30-2009, 12:25 PM
are you part of a club boost?

boostzealot
01-30-2009, 12:34 PM
well the one where i am a member is kutsuju but around here i just go to the track with the utahnissan guys. at miller motorsports park, there are a lot of events throughout the year so there are a lot of opportunities to get her on the track.

xd_01
01-30-2009, 12:57 PM
cool man i just joined nasa in aug. and i love it. i cant wait till the 09 season starts next month, but i gotta say though for the track even with brembos and power slots ive experienced brake fade and its not a nice feeling going into a turn like that. although i do need to uprgade my pads and brake fluid im still gonna get the AMS brake cooling duct kit, it will be money well spent.

ive learned the most essential upgrades are brakes, fluids, and listening to your instuctor skills. lots of fun though hopefully ill get my camera setup in time.

platano- for the street the kit will be useless, put your money somewhere else.

boostzealot
01-30-2009, 01:18 PM
wow really you've seen brake fade with your setup? what pads do you have and do you have ss lines? see my setup is like this
Front:
stock 8 calipers
titanium back plates
pfc carbon metalic pads
stoptech stage 1 slotted rotors
technafit ss lines
Rear:
stock 8 calipers
axxis pagid pads
stoptech stage 1 slotted rotors
technafit ss lines

and i have had no fade whatsoever and have repeatedly beat the hell out of these things. i love canyon carving more than anything and some of the roads are well over 60miles long with all types of braking zones and not really a lot of cool off time considering i can barely go full throttle up there and still no fade. i also have some DOT4 fluid so.

platano
01-30-2009, 02:20 PM
well, i never plan to track my G. so, taking that into consideration, i guess they would be useless if i would only benefit from from by heavy track use.

boost, my break setup consists of evo8 Bembo calipers, Russell ss brake lines, Brake Motive rotors, and stock evo 8 pads. nothing crazy, but more than enough for spirited street driving.

xd_01
01-30-2009, 03:24 PM
^^ good call

i got evo 8 calipers, powerslot rotors with basic street pads from project mu, i got those before roadracing was even thought in my mind so ill be upgrading those before next season, oem shims, s.s. brake lines all around, v6 rear calipers, x drilled/ slotted r1 rotors again ive had those for almost six years and never had a problem them but i will be uprgrading those too along with the metal master pads that i bought with the rotors.

so it was a great street setup but with the new hobby it will need to go.

greddy
01-30-2009, 04:16 PM
platano, I'd go with a different set of pads, the stock evo pads are the only shortcoming of that brake system, I've driven evos with completely stock pads and then some with hawk pads, and the difference is night and day.

boostzealot
01-30-2009, 04:35 PM
x2

platano
01-30-2009, 06:24 PM
platano, I'd go with a different set of pads, the stock evo pads are the only shortcoming of that brake system, I've driven evos with completely stock pads and then some with hawk pads, and the difference is night and day.

yeah, i plan to upgrade my pads to either Project Mu or some Hawks eventually.