PDA

View Full Version : SRS Light

FlynHawn
02-02-2003, 04:31 AM
I got a question for everyone. My SRS light in my 1999 Galant keeps on going on and off. I tried to take to a dealer out here and they told me that they couldn't do anything since the light wasn't on. I thought the computer would store any code that came up but he said that it didn't. Can anyone help?? Do I just wait till it completely fails, or try adn find another dealership?

Fishboy55
02-02-2003, 07:06 AM
Chances are it's the drivers in-seat side air bag that's failing. That's a pretty common problem. The SES light stores the code in the ODB computer, but I don't think the SRS light does. Manybrews is our resident expert and he would know for sure. If your car is under warranty, I'd be real persistent with the dealer until they fix it

Chip

manybrews
02-02-2003, 09:47 AM
yes, the SRS computer stores codes, even after the light suts itself off.
theyre obviously morons.

i can almost 100 percent garantee you have a failing seat airbag (if not both).
we have had a lot of issues with the seatbags.
of course, if you dont have seat airbags, its obviously something else.

pinoyesv6
02-02-2003, 03:40 PM
i thought the 99's didn't come with the side air bags...gotta research on that. but yea uhm don't be afraid about the airbags popping out. the srs light just tells u that the air bags are disable. the worst thing that can happen is that they don't deploy in an accident. i'd check out another dealer to see if they can do anythign without the light being on. if not then i guess ur gonna have to wait. if ur having trouble getting ti to come on, get a video camera and jsut carry it with u. if the light goes on, pull over and get it on video to show the dealer lol

FlynHawn
02-03-2003, 01:12 AM
Yea, I don't have the side airbags in my car. I am going to call around to some other dealers this week. I hope I can get this fixed and that it won't cost me an arm and a leg!!