PDA

View Full Version : Economy vs. MitsuUSA future?

G-spot
02-02-2009, 01:09 PM
I got this from a recent Motor Trend newsletter:

On the recent edition of MOTOR TREND, dark days for mitsu's line up are nearing
Motor trend has this update about Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi, struggling to retain a six digit annual sell here, is essentially a tax write off for MITSU UFJ, one of Japans largest bank. If and when the tax write off becomes marginal,

MITSU WILL PULL OUT OF THE U.S. MARKET-PERHAPS EVEN OUT OF THE CAR BUSINESS!!!
Anyone else heard about this?

VegasMatt
02-02-2009, 01:24 PM
I wouldnt doubt it, because so many dealerships are going under.

00galantguy
02-02-2009, 01:41 PM
would deffintely suck but yea not surprising

02redgalant
02-02-2009, 01:51 PM
:/ hyundai or kia should go under not mitsu

XXL4G64
02-02-2009, 02:04 PM
i would bet some other usa car company would try and buy them.

4-G-rim
02-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Never heard anything of this till now. Kinda surprised since they are starting to offer car leases again for the Lancer only. I was under the impression they were somewhat in a decent financial position to offer a lease program.

i would bet some other usa car company would try and buy them.

I doubt that would happen. All the manufacturers are struggling and wouldn't be a smart financial move these days to buy out another company.

Shadow19
02-02-2009, 02:38 PM
Man fuck.. We should all just buy a chevy. Atleast we know the government will keep them alive. This is bullshit man. I swear. Oh well.. Someone will still make our parts.

Da_silvagride
02-02-2009, 03:23 PM
all new to me. I thought they were in a stable position in the market.

gtx
02-02-2009, 04:40 PM
It would be a shame, but IMHO they still have some ways to go before going completely out. They could bring over the Colt, it would be a more than logical move in todays market. They could build an rwd 4b11 powered coupe (ala Tiburon) and I bet that would sell better than the current Eclipse.

Oh well.. Someone will still make our parts.
Hyundai or Chrysler :D

lonestar22
02-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Mitsubishi says it aint true

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mitsubishi-we-wont-leave-us.html

Blazepr24
02-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Mitsubishi says it aint true

http://www.leftlanenews.com/mitsubishi-we-wont-leave-us.html

Yeah I got happy when I read this but then I saw it was an old ad...dated June 06!!!

They have been saying they are going to pull out since 2002.... but if only time will tell!

Galantfan88
02-02-2009, 06:23 PM
damn you guys scared me here

lonestar22
02-02-2009, 10:03 PM
shows that i should read the links i post before i post them haha

4g63lover
02-02-2009, 10:08 PM
I thought they were in a good position too.

you know what they should do? lower the evo's price 5grand. lol

krazienluv10
02-02-2009, 10:18 PM
my dream for mitsu is to be the only dealer that sells cars/trucks that are strictly SDS or perhaps turbo at a reasonable price...thats how i would differentiate myself from other dealers

greddy
02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
^keep dreaming

Jeffylou87
02-02-2009, 10:34 PM
This makes me sad :(

99 galant
02-02-2009, 11:37 PM
i heard that they were going to close for 3 months to save $$ then MAYBE reopen

Blazepr24
02-03-2009, 05:27 AM
i heard that they were going to close for 3 months to save $$ then MAYBE reopen

SO freaking pissed... I read an ad and now cant find the stupid thing I wanted to post it there.....

anyways its was saying something to the effect of why they pulled out of the Detriot Auto show for this yr and how they plan to save money so that they wont fall into the position most of the Automakers are currently in....

They said they pulled out to save money on production cost and will not produce anything "new" in the near future.... they are looking towards the direction of 4cyl Mivec engines and other styles of cars that will be "economically correct"....then it went on to diss all the other Automakers saying how thier mistake was to keep producing cars when the ones they had were not selling and caused a surplus of cars on the lot...spending more than they were making.... big 3 bailout-LOL

They hope to make an impression in late 2010-2011.... Dam I so have to find that stupid ad now!!!!

panda
02-03-2009, 05:31 AM
lol.. well if mitsu ever does leave america you guys are always welcome in the honda world :D we except anyone lol.

IceDouTGaLanT
02-03-2009, 05:44 AM
LOL at panda, I'll go with toyota!!

Shadow19
02-03-2009, 06:38 PM
lol.. well if mitsu ever does leave america you guys are always welcome in the honda world :D we except anyone lol.

Fuck that... There will be a used mitsubishi on the market.. If not ill buy a hyundai genesis ;-)

lonestar22
02-03-2009, 06:39 PM
LOL at panda, I'll go with toyota!!

good luck having fun with it, unless its a lexus.

4g63lover
02-03-2009, 06:47 PM

no thanks. I like having torque. lol jk.

I'm actually a pretty big HOnda fan myself. After riding in an all-motor teggy drag an evo from a roll I was convinced Honda's can be fast too.

RedGalant2k1
02-03-2009, 08:35 PM
SO freaking pissed... I read an ad and now cant find the stupid thing I wanted to post it there.....

anyways its was saying something to the effect of why they pulled out of the Detriot Auto show for this yr and how they plan to save money so that they wont fall into the position most of the Automakers are currently in....

They said they pulled out to save money on production cost and will not produce anything "new" in the near future.... they are looking towards the direction of 4cyl Mivec engines and other styles of cars that will be "economically correct"....then it went on to diss all the other Automakers saying how thier mistake was to keep producing cars when the ones they had were not selling and caused a surplus of cars on the lot...spending more than they were making.... big 3 bailout-LOL

They hope to make an impression in late 2010-2011.... Dam I so have to find that stupid ad now!!!!

Nissan also pulled out of NAIAS in Detroit. Ford, GM, and Chrysler pulled out of the Tokyo Auto Show, which might be completely cancelled. But it isn't a surprise, considering all the stupid 0% APR financing offers that make them absolutely no money whatsoever.

polishmafia
02-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Nissan also pulled out of NAIAS in Detroit. Ford, GM, and Chrysler pulled out of the Tokyo Auto Show, which might be completely cancelled. But it isn't a surprise, considering all the stupid 0% APR financing offers that make them absolutely no money whatsoever.

But it makes them money in the long run! Money... that they've already spent... money that they probably won't get back because the car was repo'd. Money... shit, I should just stop now.

skrap
02-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Hold on I was told by someone. That mitsu was owned my ford??????.... Is it true?

4g63lover
02-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Hold on I was told by someone. That mitsu was owned my ford??????.... Is it true?

wtf? no.

hk20000
02-13-2009, 11:56 AM
More like in recent information climate it's less and less valuable to attend motor shows... a few "leaked" photos create a much bigger "sensation" than spending millions to deck out a booth and fly prototypes and cars around.

It's just the way it's going to be guys, sooner or later we can have like projection screens to project a prototype in your house in 3D and you just walk around it like you would in an actual motor show and it'd cost the manufacturers tenths if not hundredths to deliver the content right to your home.

because no one can "buy" anything at a motorshow it's the "sensation" and "presence" that makers are paying for.

Why do it the expensive way?

skrap
02-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Wow ok that makes me feel alot better about my car hahahaha

E_Emerson88
02-13-2009, 02:26 PM
damn this sucks. we should all go buy and EVO to help the market!!! lmao

VegasMatt
02-13-2009, 03:06 PM
If you could get credit.

RedGalant2k1
02-13-2009, 07:02 PM
More like in recent information climate it's less and less valuable to attend motor shows... a few "leaked" photos create a much bigger "sensation" than spending millions to deck out a booth and fly prototypes and cars around.

It's just the way it's going to be guys, sooner or later we can have like projection screens to project a prototype in your house in 3D and you just walk around it like you would in an actual motor show and it'd cost the manufacturers tenths if not hundredths to deliver the content right to your home.

because no one can "buy" anything at a motorshow it's the "sensation" and "presence" that makers are paying for.

Why do it the expensive way?

Spy photos have been 'leaked' for decades, its nothing new to create excitement for a new car model, and yes, you CAN BUY things at the auto, I see it all the time.

And Panda, if Mitsubishi bails on the USA, I'm going to Mercedes, not Honda...lol

hk20000
02-14-2009, 01:52 AM
Spy photos have been 'leaked' for decades, its nothing new to create excitement for a new car model, and yes, you CAN BUY things at the auto, I see it all the time.

And Panda, if Mitsubishi bails on the USA, I'm going to Mercedes, not Honda...lol

Well they sell things but that's totally not the point of the motor show :smt068

Spy shots leaked "intentionally" by manufacturers, viral and vapourware are definitely NOT how they used to handle things a decade....fuck me 5 years ago.:smt101 That's a totally different thing than spy shots shot at the nurburgring with heavy cladding back a few decades ago.

And welcome to the world of Mercedes. Where dealer might trade in your E class for a B class unintentionally because they can't find a fix for your 7 speed transmission.

My friend has been driving a 2009 B class for 4 weeks now as Mercedes has taken his 2007 E class in for a transmission change and reflash - still no news when the E class can be back on the road yet.

RedGalant2k1
02-14-2009, 04:37 PM
Well they sell things but that's totally not the point of the motor show :smt068

Spy shots leaked "intentionally" by manufacturers, viral and vapourware are definitely NOT how they used to handle things a decade....fuck me 5 years ago.:smt101 That's a totally different thing than spy shots shot at the nurburgring with heavy cladding back a few decades ago.

And welcome to the world of Mercedes. Where dealer might trade in your E class for a B class unintentionally because they can't find a fix for your 7 speed transmission.

My friend has been driving a 2009 B class for 4 weeks now as Mercedes has taken his 2007 E class in for a transmission change and reflash - still no news when the E class can be back on the road yet.

Yea, ok... I'm from Detroit, and I know and have worked with higher ups at GM, Ford, and Chrysler (and all the Euro and Japanese imports too) and know exactly how they have worked things for the past 30 years. You?

I've seen cars PURPOSELY driven and parked outside cafes and restaurants and the execs are actually asking passers0by and other people what do they think of this car? I know people from Car And Driver and Automobile magazine and they would more than corroborate my stories.

Gbaby2089
02-14-2009, 05:20 PM
mitsu won't make a rwd coupe with the 4B11 because hyundai already makes one, the Genesis...

hk20000
02-15-2009, 01:56 AM
purposely driven outside to show people is one thing. Leaking pictures of cars that don't exist, hype it all up, and then say it's "just an exercise, here see this rendering!" is a whole different story.

get with the times.

RedGalant2k1
02-15-2009, 09:37 AM
purposely driven outside to show people is one thing. Leaking pictures of cars that don't exist, hype it all up, and then say it's "just an exercise, here see this rendering!" is a whole different story.

get with the times.

I've been there, it is called a publicity stunt, it happens all the time. YOU get with the times.

platano
02-15-2009, 12:28 PM

FCK NO.

...unless i can get an S2K for a good price. :)