PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse Auto Trans

HiperSilver
02-02-2003, 08:23 PM
My 98 es trans wit 45k miles on it, is going
dont have money to rebuild it, so my question is if a an Eclipse Auto FWD trans will work? and what i shoudl know about swapping it in? what year, anything i need to know.

manybrews
02-02-2003, 09:37 PM
you need to make sure that
1)the gear ratios are 100 percent IDENTICAL. if not, it will go into failsafe due to the computers assumption that the trans is slipping.
2)it must be out of a non chrysler and a non turbo car
3)the solenoid's resistance's must be the same (which they should be, but its not 100 percent as mistu did use different values dependant on what year it is).

honestly, i doubt it will work properly.

JiP
02-02-2003, 10:02 PM
Why cant you just pull the TCM with the eclipse tranny? Then you dont have to worry about solenoid types and stuff.

What is failsafe mode anyway?

manybrews
02-02-2003, 10:57 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why cant you just pull the TCM with the eclipse tranny? Â*Then you dont have to worry about solenoid types and stuff.

What is failsafe mode anyway?</div>
you could, but theres no garantee it would fit (although it more than likely would, provided its the same year and level of OBD compliance).

and failsafe is when the trans goes into 3rd gear (or reverse) only due to an electronic failure of some kind.

HiperSilver
02-03-2003, 05:22 PM
it prolly would work, but its just not a job for me to do myself, it woudl be easier if i found a working galant trans, but thats unlikely.

4g64Spyder
02-11-2003, 11:55 PM
try looking into the n/t spyder. it shares the same engine as yours does, so the auto tranny must be very similar