PDA

View Full Version : Intake question

laxattack2001
02-03-2003, 05:14 AM
i heard that you have to have a permit or sticker or something for a cai or even a cone filter. is this true and if so what do i do to make it legal?

pinoyesv6
02-03-2003, 06:45 AM
if you live in one of them states that uses the CARB standards, then u do need a sticker. if u don't then chances are u don't. if u do live in one of these states, you need to purchase your peformance products with that sticker for it to be legal

laxattack2001
02-03-2003, 11:36 AM
what the hell is a carb standard??? i live in NC if that helps

JiP
02-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Just read through posts somewhere else about this intake on ebay thats like 100 bucks becuase its CARB legal. Its basically like emmision related crap that says the device is certified not to pollute.

But buying CARB stuff cost more money then an unlicensed item, and getting something CARB approved costs a LOT.

Anyone know specifically what states use CARB standards obviously Cali, who else?

Kain
02-03-2003, 12:47 PM
Of course, you could always just find someone outside Cali who bought a FIPK and dosen't need the sticker...

pinoyesv6
02-03-2003, 01:00 PM
a fwe things. more and more states are starting to comply with the CARB standards. the feds have their standards but more companies are starting to build products that comply with the CARB standards so that they can make more different products than one for the fed and one for the carb people. i have no idea of what the carb states are but, off the top of my head im thinking cali, ov course, the north east, and a few more states scattered aroudn the US. o yea carb means california air resource board.

as for kain's idea, that is gonna work as long as ur state isn't strict. more and more states are really lookign at the sticker and making sure its the product and that it is made for ur car. if not, it could just mean that the sticker is just useless...

JiP
02-03-2003, 01:15 PM
Yep thats the snag, the CARB license for the item is given for specific cars/years/model. If you ask me its a whole bunch of bullshit. Maybe its a government conspiracy to get people to stop trying to make there cars fast! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

All i know is apparently CALI cops actualy look under your hood, NYC you could get away with almost anything. I bet in some parts of NYC you could set the back of your car on fire and drive around and still not get pulled over! :laughing: :laughing: