PDA

View Full Version : Part name

nturpin
02-10-2009, 08:03 AM
The light on my gear (automatic) shift is out. The actually light that shows what you are in parked, reverse etc. Where/ How do I change it.

youngin3
02-10-2009, 08:38 AM
What kind of car is this?

We need more info than that. Have a little common sense.

Jeffylou87
02-10-2009, 08:46 AM
If your car is an 8G, then there is no shift selector light. There is however a light that lights up the letters PRND321. There is a mod that I have done where you make your own shift selector light.. Please let us know more about your car.

qnz
02-10-2009, 08:53 AM
I never did it for the 8G but if its like the 7g, then you would have to remove the mid console to get to the bottom of the shifter and there should be a bulb holder that is sticking out, you twist off and replace the bulb. to take off the midconsole is like 6 bolts.

KaziKai
02-10-2009, 11:04 AM
I never did it for the 8G but if its like the 7g, then you would have to remove the mid console to get to the bottom of the shifter and there should be a bulb holder that is sticking out, you twist off and replace the bulb. to take off the midconsole is like 6 bolts.

Yeah I did it.. there is a bulb twist under there... its easy to change... I installed LEDs

tamim13
02-10-2009, 11:19 AM
What kind of car is this?

We need more info than that. Have a little common sense.

He has posted it under the 8G section, so I would assume that his is an 8G, be nice to him, he's new here :)

Anyway, as the others said, there's a holder just under the mid console, it's not very difficult to take off and you can use a 74 bulb type if I remember right.