PDA

View Full Version : Tires are Cupped.

Galant306m
02-11-2009, 12:59 PM
I had a bad strut that i didn't change for awhile in the rear. I knew that my tires where cupped a little bit in the rear. So yesterday i put my rims back on just to preserve my snow tires since it has been nice out lately. So when i put them on i put the ones that where on the rear in the front and the fronts in the rear just to rotate them some. Well now that they are on the front i can feel that they are really bad.

Will they wear down over sometime and straiten themselves out? Or do i need to buy new tires again?

The tire that where in the rear still have about 60% tread left and i don't want to just throw them away.

I think that sears used to do tire resurfacing but im not sure if they still do.

Im going to throw them back on the way i had them before i took them off, if they wont straiten out by themselves.

Queue
02-11-2009, 04:09 PM
I've researched around the web a bit on this issue, because I have some cuppage as well. From what I've read, they won't "fix themselves." After a few thousand miles of sounding (and looking) like a 4x4, I'd tend to agree.

Resurfacing sounds like an option, let me know if you find anything on that. I'm thinking about flipping mine back around to see if they're a little less noisy that way.

lonestar22
02-11-2009, 04:36 PM
u can resurface them yourself lol. just find a puddle of water

Galant306m
02-11-2009, 07:25 PM
u can resurface them yourself lol. just find a puddle of water

thats what im going to do tonight since it rained out and now it froze just going to light them up and see if that fixes them a bit hahaha might break the tranny doin it haha

RedGalant2k1
02-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Keep them rotated and properly inflated, actually I'd run a few pounds more than normal to bring the center of the tire up more, shoring up the shoulders to wear down evenly.