PDA

View Full Version : i feel really stupid...

showtime
02-12-2009, 02:17 PM
I am installing my HID's right now and I was wondering which parts from the HID balast go into the OEM harness, the OEM harness has a yellow/red wire that connects to one part, and then a black wire + a orange and blue wire...which is possitive and which is negative on the OEM harness?

showtime
02-12-2009, 02:45 PM
never mind I figured it out, but they fire on for a second or to 2 then go off...any ideas?

8g831
02-12-2009, 04:39 PM
what kit did u end up going with?

showtime
02-12-2009, 04:56 PM
xentec single beam HID, 8K. I bought if from supervtec on ebay. I have a relay harness that I had made that should be here monday to draw the power from the battery instead of the OEM harness that has a tendency to melt.

pinoyesv6
02-12-2009, 07:34 PM
I have a relay harness that I had made that should be here monday.

huh? did you teleport it into the future and you're just waiting for time to catch up?

RedGalant2k1
02-12-2009, 07:36 PM
xentec single beam HID, 8K. I bought if from supervtec on ebay. I have a relay harness that I had made that should be here monday to draw the power from the battery instead of the OEM harness that has a tendency to melt.

It won't matter with HIDs, they don't run more wattage than your factory bulbs.

showtime
02-12-2009, 11:03 PM
if they dont take more power than regular bulbs why do people's harness melt? and why dont my HID's turn on for more than 2 seconds? (not trying to be an ass I'm really asking)

showtime
02-12-2009, 11:04 PM
huh? did you teleport it into the future and you're just waiting for time to catch up?

i phrased it wrong...sorry.

4g63lover
02-12-2009, 11:09 PM
you had to wire your H.I.D.'s? thats odd, I plugged and played mine.

Dave is right it shouldnt melt the harnesses.

Remember the stock harness only power the ballast which doesnt heat up.

the ballast powers the bulbs. So you're not supposed to be melting the harnesses.

showtime
02-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Awesome, then I will be installing my HID's without the harness. My HID's are plug and play, I just didnt know which slots of the OEM harness to use. For clarification I installed everything fine so im not such a retard just a little one, but my HID's only turn on for a few seconds then go back off...any ideas?

kalvinsaid
02-12-2009, 11:56 PM
my friend was having the same problem. we found out it was just faulty bulbs. i dont know what yours are but his were chinese ones. he ordered it from some site that didnt have a word of english. in the end he just bought a new set.

ps. LOL i mispelled english. HAHAHAH

showtime
02-13-2009, 12:20 AM
english is a hard word to spell haha! I will install them both tomorrow again, I put my silverstars back in so I could drive tonight.

6G72Galant
02-13-2009, 03:59 PM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=33797

Get a harness just to be on the safe side. Especially if you plan to upgrade to the 55w HIDs later.

During a cold startup, HIDs can be drawing 3x the amount of power than when running at normal temps. More so when using a 55w HID kit.

showtime
02-13-2009, 05:10 PM
AH! Thank you. I remember reading all about people melting their harness...I ordered a harness that will be here monday, so I will be installing them then. I didnt know their was a tutorial on the harness or I would of just made one. Thanks for the into 6G72