PDA

View Full Version : KYB AGX modification......

rumpl_forskin
02-03-2003, 06:25 PM
Does anybody have pics or a diagram to show what piece needs filed or removed to get coilovers to fit on these struts/shocks???????? Mine will be here on Friday and a heads up about what I will need to do would be great........ Thanx

NRG
02-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Not every coilover needs to be filed........As a matter of fact Skunk2 and Ground Control both make coilovers that fit the KYB AGX.......

Ghost Beat
02-03-2003, 08:11 PM
ya gc and skunk make the one's for the agx but i got my gc's for stock then when i got gc's it wasent that hard to just grind the washer down and knock out the inner sleeve to fit them on there took about 10 mins to modify with the proper tools around...

DJ Galant
02-04-2003, 03:32 AM
i would think that every coilover fits KYB since they were ment to be installed on the oem springs as of our oem replacment strut... kyb are replacment for our stock struts...so if any coilover fits our stock stuts, lyb can be installed on any coilover, get it????
now there might be slitely differnt installation procedure but more likely - all of the coiogvers should fit any coilovers, that was meant to be on the galant..

rumpl_forskin
02-04-2003, 10:14 AM
Well I have the OBX coilovers, and I've read that something needs to be filed for them to fit. I guess I can just wait and see when I get them.......Thanx

Gizmo
02-04-2003, 11:16 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rumpl_forskin)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well I have the OBX coilovers, and I've read that something needs to be filed for them to fit. I guess I can just wait and see when I get them.......Thanx</div>

I have the OBX coilovers and Agx (front), when I put them on the only thing I had to do was grind down the little washer thingy on the strut. After that the sleeve of the coilover slid right in.

Galant01
02-11-2003, 04:42 PM
wait a second, before people were saying that no coilover fit the KYB. And now all of a sudden they do? Is there a special KYB AGX that fits or closely fits coilovers?

Ed
02-11-2003, 05:25 PM
No there are diferent types of Coil overs.....some made for the KYB's and other have to be fitted for the to fit properly. The OBX guy's including myself have to grind down the washer that sits on the top of the strut. Others like ground control, are made for the KYB's.....just ask before you buy them. Hope this helps........