PDA

View Full Version : JunkYard Trip.....What to get

NOSMAN7G
02-03-2003, 09:10 PM
I'm going to the junkyard later this week and was just want some suggestions on what to get??

Khopari
02-03-2003, 09:15 PM
ummm you can alwasy use strut bar,, spark plug,,, all type of stuff that need to be replaced

umm oh yea one more thing not a best place to post your thread like this ...

seth98esT
02-03-2003, 09:32 PM
depends what you want done...I would look for, of course all in good condition parts from the following eclipse, talon, or laser
1g(89-94)
2g(95-99)

1g Turbo DOHC head
1g tb, iac controller, and intake mani
2g turbo exhaust mani
1g BOV
1g or 2g SMIC
other misc parts...
2g mirrirs
2g spider FTB
14b or 16g turbo
2g 5spd trans and all other trans parts

right now I want to pick up a 2g stock front bumper to see how well it mounts up to our cars seeing how it is only .2in bigger. If it does fit somewhat easily then we have a whole ton more options for front bumpers!

anything else? i would appreciate it if u could get all these parts for me :lauging: i need to make a trip next weekend1

JiP
02-03-2003, 10:30 PM
While on the topic, how the hell does a junkyard work?

The yards where I live deal with parts you tell them what you want they tell you if they got it and you pick it up. But I know people out in Jersey and other states where they do with their own tools and I think just take off whatever parts they want themselves and then pay for it (?) Is that how they are really? What determins price and whats to stop you from just pocketing half the stuff?

pinoyesv6
02-03-2003, 10:44 PM
i just walk around the junkyard. if i see something. i think about its potential. if i can sell it if i can mod it if imma need it.

as for how a junk yard works, it all depends on the junk yard. some have the parts taken apart and they get it and some tell u to go out to the car to get it. the junk yard i go to keeps the expensive stuff in stock and the cheaper stuff on the car for u to pull.

at the main junk yard i go to, they check ur stuff b4 u go in and b4 u go out to see what u have and to make sure u don't steal stuff. but yea i've heard stories of other junk yards letting u steal motors and shit.

as for the price, the bigger places have a catalog. the look it up and give u a price. some jsut think about previous sales and guestimate from there...

HeadAche
02-03-2003, 11:10 PM
i just walk around the junkyard. if i see something. i think about its potential. if i can sell it if i can mod it if imma need it.

as for how a junk yard works, it all depends on the junk yard. some have the parts taken apart and they get it and some tell u to go out to the car to get it. the junk yard i go to keeps the expensive stuff in stock and the cheaper stuff on the car for u to pull.

at the main junk yard i go to, they check ur stuff b4 u go in and b4 u go out to see what u have and to make sure u don't steal stuff. but yea i've heard stories of other junk yards letting u steal motors and shit.

as for the price, the bigger places have a catalog. the look it up and give u a price. some jsut think about previous sales and guestimate from there...

Thats just about how they work out here in FLorida.. walk around, find what you need take it off, haggle over the price, they leave.. most times they really dont care, take it off the car put it in your pants do the dip..lol.. Hell my boy took off Integra mirros put them in his sweats and we bounced..

Kain
02-03-2003, 11:53 PM
Most U-pull-it places have crazy cheap prices, but no guarantees on the merchandise. (my local U-pull-it has complete engines for $250) The other type of yard you tell them what you want and they bring it to you. (I paid $100 for just a turbo manifold this way)

JiP
02-04-2003, 12:38 AM
Thats exactly what im looking for cheap used junk! I get stupid crazy ideas and I need cheap crap to tinker with. I gotta find a place like that in NYC or NJ maybe have to ask around.. thanks guys

HiperSilver
02-05-2003, 01:26 PM
u-pull-it is cheap.

we got some here in illinois filled with DSM's, me and the local Dsm'ers are gonna hit it up one time and try and find all my turbo parts .

QnzMostWanted
02-06-2003, 10:09 AM
behind shea stadium in queens at some places u can pull it urself