PDA

View Full Version : 96 galant- open to ideas

MistaMits
02-04-2003, 04:26 AM
first of all i just wanted to say what's up to all you mitz freaks out there. I am new to the club, and just picked up a "96" galant with 50,000 miles on it. I want to do euro lights to start, but can't find anything. Also i am looking to do alot of performance stuff, but i wonder is this the year to do it with?? I am interested in hearing what you guys have to say. I do car stereo, and am well connected in my area for anyone looking to do that.

Nick VR4
02-04-2003, 04:42 AM
Welcome to the Club

Have a look in the 7g performance forum for ideas

Kain
02-04-2003, 08:26 AM
If by "euro lights" you mean Altezzas, don't bother. They don't exist and likely never will. Modding a Galant is mostly about building the engine. The 4g64 has huge potential if you've got the cash to pursue it. As far as "looks" go, you're limited to spoilers, Body kit (there's only 1), and JDM stuff. But, creative people are doing custom stuff all the time. Good luck, and welcome to the club.

Khopari
02-04-2003, 11:57 AM
Welcome to the TGC

BEAST
02-04-2003, 06:42 PM
Welcome to TGC. Kain said just about all of it right there. Not much aftermarket support at all for us but that doesn't mean we aren't doing big things. But mostly whatever performance you can find you will have to take because most likely you won't find much else. With our cars it's pretty much a lot of DIY and creativity. But it's well worth it in the end in my opinion. Not just another Honda.

JiP
02-04-2003, 07:43 PM
Not for nuthin but I have the urge so bad to chop off the roof and make a galant convertable. Theres a shop near me that makes custom convertable tops and motor installations that could make me a new roof.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

BEAST
02-04-2003, 08:07 PM
Thats gonna add a little weight.

JiP
02-04-2003, 08:12 PM
But have you even seen a galant convertable! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

BEAST
02-04-2003, 08:30 PM
This is true.

o0 XeRO G 0o
02-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the club man. I joined here not too long ago and I've learned alot about my car. Most guys on here will tell you that a CAI and exhaust are the way to go. I gotta agree with them. Cheapest performance upgrades you can do that'll make a difference. Just search through the posts in the performance section and youll find everything you need there. If you need help finding something, use the search function up top.
Good luck with the modding.... :wink:

JiP
02-05-2003, 01:05 AM
You want a real performance upgrade not a pos cai, grab a 1g throttlebody off ebay and swap your IAC's and install. You'll understand after you do it!

cai way way overrated.

evil-G-nius
02-06-2003, 08:05 PM
My advice to you would be to strengthen the trans! These 7g transmissions suck and they can can go, even with normal driving. I have replaced mine twice!!! This was before I did any mods and before I started driving it like a maniac :roll: But they get expensive so I would give level ten a call or buy a built upgraded trans from someone

JiP
02-06-2003, 11:21 PM
Everyones complaining about ther tranny lately and I drive like a retard, to make it worse I drive in fake manual you know start off in low, then push it to 2nd, then D for 3rd and tap the OD to hit 4th...thats suposed to be real bad and this been goin on some 30k miles I have no problems. ::knocking on wood:: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif