PDA

View Full Version : Do you know what your suspension is doing??

Dr. Design
08-02-2002, 01:47 PM
Most people think that by adding an aftermarket sway bay it will stiffen the chassis. Wrong! This is kind of an extreme example but you will get the basic idea. The sway bar will reduce the body from rolling on the frame and suspension. Picture the car from the rear. Pretend that there is a ball between the suspension and the body that allows for the body to pivot off of the ball. What the sway bar will do is reduce the amount of pivot that the body has on that ball. The sway bar does exactly what it is supposed to do. One thing it will not do is stiffen the chassis. ONLY chassis stiffeners will do that. So what we have here is the chassis secured on the suspension with body roll.
Question? What is keeping the chassis from twisting? A sway bar, springs, and shocks are not the answer to superior handling. Even if you use stiffer springs, stronger shocks, or a huge sway bar, what is keeping the corners of the car from moving at different levels (aka twisting)? When the chassis twist it waste energy and takes away performance from your suspension. If anything it is even more apparent that the car is twisting. If you add a chassis kit or a roll cage to the car it will keep the chassis neutral and all four corners in sync with each other. As a result this will allow the suspension to do what is supposed to do. The 1st law of physics states that, "An object at rest or moving at constant velocity will continue to do so unless acted upon by an external force". The CSK-C IS THAT EXTERNAL FORCE!

RedGalant2k1
08-02-2002, 02:11 PM
Just for the record what does the Full CSK-C Kit include? Price?

And does this talk of a sway bar mean you are going to prototype one? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Dr. Design
08-02-2002, 03:09 PM
Hello,
Our price for the CSK-C is $275 plus shipping. We will also be coming out with a true strut tower brace.
We will leave the sway bar stuff up to those companies. We will take care of the chassis. Sorry!
Thank you,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just for the record what does the Full CSK-C Kit include? Price?

And does this talk of a sway bar mean you are going to prototype one? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif</div>

J. T. Z.
08-02-2002, 09:48 PM
Why aren't you guys going to produce the heaglights for us? There are plenty of members on this site that would want them. I know there was talk of doing custom ones but $750 plus the cost of the headlights for some non-hid is WAY too much.

Tiller
08-03-2002, 12:21 AM
so, when is this STB going to be avaialble...

I asked about this CSK on the last board, i wanted to know if anyone had one on their Galant...

Can we get some detailed pics of the bars...? and mounting points...?

Thank you..

Galant_01
08-03-2002, 12:12 PM
I believe that Reelax has this brace kit on his Galant! He said it is really good if I remember correctly.

Dr. Design
08-05-2002, 12:07 PM
Hello All,
Reelax does have a kit on his car. We have 12 kits in stock ready to be shipped for those who are interested.
We will produce the projectors we just need cofirmed sales at the price tag of $700 per set.
As far as the Galant FSTB-C we are still trying to gauge the interest for it. We havent had too many people ask about it. If we can see more interest then we will produce it. All prototyping has already been done and all we need is the greenlight from all of you!

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,

Gilhuly
08-05-2002, 12:54 PM
I've been waiting for the FSTB-C. I really would like the STB which bolts up to the firewall. There have been a lot of technical problems on TGC since this conversation started and perhaps not a lot of people know about it or why it would be superior. As far as buying and STB your concept is superior to anything else out there.

RedGalant2k1
08-05-2002, 03:05 PM
Hello All,
Reelax does have a kit on his car. We have 12 kits in stock ready to be shipped for those who are interested.
We will produce the projectors we just need cofirmed sales at the price tag of $700 per set.
As far as the Galant FSTB-C we are still trying to gauge the interest for it. We havent had too many people ask about it. If we can see more interest then we will produce it. All prototyping has already been done and all we need is the greenlight from all of you!

Thank you,

Is that $275 shipped? If so i'll just need a few weeks to spare extra cash for it. Thanks.

GalantDoTd
08-05-2002, 03:09 PM
I'm interested in the FSTB-C, just dont have the money for it now. I also like the sound of the stiffening kit. Would it hurt your bottomline to just do a small batch of the FSTB-C's and then if they sell produce more?

What is the guesstimated, note the word guess in there, price of the FSTB-C?

How hard is the install on the stiffening kit?

Matt

Dr. Design
08-05-2002, 04:12 PM
Hello,
The price for the FSTB-C by itself is $175 plus shipping. If you get the complete kit (Over any period of time) we will discount the FSTB-C to $160 plus shipping. We will do this though. For the first 12 people to leave a deposit on the FSTB-C we WILL sell the kit for $175 shipped. The complete kit will take about 45 minutes to install start to finish.
Thank you,

I'm interested in the FSTB-C, just dont have the money for it now. I also like the sound of the stiffening kit. Would it hurt your bottomline to just do a small batch of the FSTB-C's and then if they sell produce more?

What is the guesstimated, note the word guess in there, price of the FSTB-C?

How hard is the install on the stiffening kit?

Matt

Danger DANJ
08-05-2002, 07:34 PM
According to your website, the Full CSK-C would be $430 plus shipping. That will include the following 6 pieces:

(1) FCB-C (front chassis brace)
(1) FMCB-C (front mid-chassis brace)
(1) RMCB-C (rear mid-chassis brace)
(2) RCB-C (rear chassis brace)
(1) STB-C (strut tower bar)

So, is that indeed the price for the Galant Full CSK-C? How long will it take to make the STB-C since it's not already made?

Gilhuly
08-05-2002, 11:09 PM
I ordered the whole thing a few hours ago from the Dr. himself. He said the STB should be ready by early next week. I think this, with the new tires I need will be an excellent mod for my 99 ES V6

RedGalant2k1
09-03-2002, 10:10 PM
bump

good info to read up on regarding your suspension :thumbsup:

Dr. Design
09-04-2002, 12:22 PM
If anyone has any questions about this we are here to answer.
Thank you,

Tiller
09-04-2002, 12:48 PM
you got a pic of the 3 point STB yet... and how much...?

Ghost Beat
09-04-2002, 04:01 PM
yea id be definately interested in a 3 point STB just gota see it and if i like what i see ill send the money that second just gota see it cant buy a roduct you cant see

Dr. Design
09-18-2002, 08:13 PM
FYI, we are still looking for a 8G Galant for test fitment with the Front Strut Tower Brace. Our test car has disapeared and we need another. Please contact us at [email protected] or call us at 310-428-7716.
Thank you,

efiLnikcuFeciN
09-19-2002, 11:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Design)</div><div class='quotemain'>FYI, we are still looking for a 8G Galant for test fitment with the Front Strut Tower Brace. Our test car has disapeared and we need another. Please contact us at [email protected] or call us at 310-428-7716.
Thank you,</div>

Hey, where are u guys located ?? i live in CA Also Woodland Hills to be exact

PS: Test Fitment, does that mean i can keep that thing u test on my car for free https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif hehehehhehehheheh

VegasMatt
09-19-2002, 12:22 PM
email me if you need a tester for this.

[email protected]

Matt

Dr. Design
09-19-2002, 01:35 PM
Thank you to those who have submited thier cars. We are looking for a car in the San Diego area since we might need the car more then once. Please let us know if any of you would be willing to take the car there.
Thank you,

VegasMatt
09-19-2002, 03:13 PM
DR Design,

Please send a PM to DJ Nympho. He lives in San Diego and I am sure he would love to be test fitted for these parts.

Matt

Gilhuly
10-11-2002, 12:26 PM
I spoke w/ James at D3 and he said they never got the test vehicle in for testing the STB.

Nobody in San Diego wants to do this? Triangulated STB would be excellent.

Remedy
10-11-2002, 07:00 PM
That is a load of crap, I emailed them and I was suppose to be the test vehicle and at the end when I was going to leave my car for more than 3 days they stopped contacting me, I thought they backed out.

efiLnikcuFeciN
10-11-2002, 07:01 PM
have you tried to give em a call ?? do you have their phone number ??

TJC
10-11-2002, 07:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(djnympho)</div><div class='quotemain'>That is a load of crap, I emailed them and I was suppose to be the test vehicle and at the end when I was going to leave my car for more than 3 days they stopped contacting me, I thought they backed out.</div>

Damn, sorry about that bro. All there contact info is on their website. Maybe you want to call them one more time to find out what really happened. www.dthreedesigns.com ('http://k7fx.com/d3/contact.html')

GalantT3
10-11-2002, 08:46 PM
This suspension kit sounds interesting, if you live in the area I would def. give them a call back, I dont think they would have backed out on you without a good reason. Maybe they didnt have any room for you at the shop or they got side tracked? Give them a call and see whats up.

Im interested in anything that will make my car handel better! :thumbsup:

Gilhuly
10-12-2002, 10:32 AM
This could be a misunderstanding of some sort. I do know that they are concerned that they're not going to sell any of these because the response on this site was pretty luke warm, which is a shame, because the concept at work is different with this than any other STB with it triangulated against the firewall(like the eclipse OEM one). D3 clearly has this as a low priority item. While I do believe that they have their shit together from an engineering standpoint I think they need to get their act togetherfrom a cutomer service communication and sales standpoint. That having been said I think that James is probably a good guy and I still believe that he means well.

I really want to pursue the concept. I may actually work on the concept of using an eclipse STB and having a bracket fabricated to extend the stb to the firewall. some thing like """"_____/"""" and have it mate to the firewall holes on the STB and simply continue the STB to the firewall, completing the triangulation. Does anybody know where I can locate a photo of the eclipse bar mounted in an 8G?

Dr. Design
10-14-2002, 11:36 AM
Hello All,
Sorry for the lack of communication. The 8G Galant is certainly on our priority list. The email that was mentioned was regarding a customer that had purchased a FSTB-C, however we couldn't send his kit out since we didn't get the test vehicle in at that time we thought we would. Last we heard we were going to reschedule for another date. We NEVER turn our backs or purposely neglect any car group. Just drop us a email or call us so we can set up another date.

Thank you,

James Gill
D3 Automotive Designs
"Braced and Ready to Race"
www.dthreedesigns.com
310-428-7716

Tazz2000
10-14-2002, 12:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Design)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hello All, Â*
Reelax does have a kit on his car. We have 12 kits in stock ready to be shipped for those who are interested. Â*
We will produce the projectors we just need cofirmed sales at the price tag of $700 per set. Â*

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Â*
Thank you,</div>

Does that $700 include the light housings?

Danger DANJ
10-15-2002, 01:38 PM
I hope someone gets their car in for fitting because I want to buy the whole kit, but I can't buy it until the strut bar is ready.

TJC
10-20-2002, 01:19 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dr. Design)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hello All, Â*
Sorry for the lack of communication. The 8G Galant is certainly on our priority list. The email that was mentioned was regarding a customer that had purchased a FSTB-C, however we couldn't send his kit out since we didn't get the test vehicle in at that time we thought we would. Last we heard we were going to reschedule for another date. We NEVER turn our backs or purposely neglect any car group. Just drop us a email or call us so we can set up another date. Â*

Thank you, Â*

James Gill
D3 Automotive Designs
"Braced and Ready to Race"
www.dthreedesigns.com
310-428-7716</div>

Hey djnympho, you get first crack at it b/c you're local. But, if he doesn't respond, I'm sure you can get prototypes sent up to LA and there are lots of members in this area that can give you a hand with fitment.

Good luck with everything James and thanks for responding.

Remedy
10-21-2002, 01:10 AM
I called to setup an appointment for the fitting and they were booked for yhe week, guess I'll see about next we.