PDA

View Full Version : supercharge or turbo???

$DMoney$
02-25-2009, 11:56 AM
Which one would you all suggest for a 9G ralliart???

polishmafia
02-25-2009, 12:48 PM
In all honesty, sell it and buy an Evo.

Both SC and turbo are costly to do, but if I had to do it, I'd turbo.

JDM4G64T
02-25-2009, 01:36 PM
All depends, what you're looking out of it?? Speed, performance, cost?? Been boosted for a few years now, I won't look back, heck I just got me an evo!!! If I were you I'd go boost!!

Rayth
02-25-2009, 11:12 PM
i would be so jealous haha check out the SC:

http://www.rippmods.com/product_p/0607sdsv6-1.htm

fatal1
02-26-2009, 02:40 AM
the supercharger would definately be the easier of the 2 since it is available in kit form. to mhy knowledge there have been no fabricated parts that are for sale for a turbo setup so you would have to have everything fabbed up yourself which would be very costly. on a v6 you get good gains with the sds as well

4-G-rim
03-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Superchargers and Turbos have their pros and cons. Turbos require more fab work especially for a vehicle/platform that doesn't have alot of turbo aftermarket support. Turbos will allow you to increase the boost pressure more than a S/C with more higher power output, but requires good tuning.

Superchargers are "more reliable" in a sense. Boost can't be adjusted as easy as turning a knob...it would have to be changed by changing a pulley. Power is instaneous unlike a turbo where you have to "build boost" and will give you are more linear powerband.

Thats just a short summary of the pros and cons of turbos and S/C....you can do a little more research if you desire.

Depends what you are looking for and what you want to spend.

SkylineG1
03-01-2009, 09:09 PM
I think a SC on a Ralliart 9G would be better. Just because you still have that daily drivability and much less problems.

$DMoney$
03-02-2009, 02:18 PM
thanks 4 all ya info guys appreciate it gotta start savin my bonus $$$ to get that SC what kinda HP gains you all think I will gain also another question would you all suggest I get the headers & intake 1st or SC it

Rayth
03-03-2009, 11:38 AM
i would build it with the headers and intake first, get yourself some new rubber, then SC, then tune it all so you'll be at your final set up

goldenthumb51
03-05-2009, 10:10 PM
turbo

bliss
04-13-2009, 01:11 AM
noob question, Who makes an SC kit that will fit an '01 GTZ and where can I find them, what supplier has the largest variety of v6 galant parts

Chucktown_1843
04-13-2009, 10:45 AM
I believe it is Rippmods who sells the supercharger for the V6 3g eclipse. The eclipse V6 is the same as the galant.

redblower
07-20-2009, 07:41 AM
I have one of only 20 supercharged 380 aka 9G (australia/US).

Here is what it goes like. 0-62mph in about 5.7 seconds.

Smooth as silk..even though FWD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwlutWC59sQ

It can take approx 30% more boost, but Mitsubishi in Australia have given us 10 year drivetrain warranty, so all are reluctant to push it any further.

It runs 6psi as factory backed.

Turbo'ed cars have trouble keeping up initially, so if its a town car...supercharge it.
If it's a highway car...Turbo it.

If you want simple bolt on performance...Supercharge wins hands down....no forged pistons or intercoolers or valve springs...etc etc

generally I found that the Turbo guys have to absolutely thrash their engines to start on the line, whereas I just squeeze the throttle and have torque all through the band.

Once over 100kmh/62mph they pull away...but I dont care because I do mostly city driving.