PDA

View Full Version : Idiling Nightmare!

LantBoy
02-04-2003, 03:59 PM
Hey guys I have been having MANY troubles with my idiling. I payed this mechanic about $700 last week too fix my idiling problem, get drilled and slotted rotors with mettallic pads and install, and fix my speedometer. I think one other thing but I cant remember. Yeah I know sounds like a rip off huh? My girl works there and I think hes jealous of me and my car and wants my girl or somethin. Sick huh? Hes 40 and shes 18. Anyways, my car was acting fine when I got it back but then it started fading when it was idiling again a little bit. I took it back and he said if the engine light comes back on too bring it back. Guess what the engine light came on the next day and my car ran like shit. Like it had no power whatsoever. I take it up there and we find a crack in my intake manifold. The other guy that works there said he thinks it was cause my intake was shaking too bad. I have the Injen short ram intake. I got a bracket on there about 2 months ago too keep it from movin around. I cant find an intake manifold around here anywhere. Any help would be GREATLY appereciated. I dont wanna pay for an intake manifold from the dealer. It costs WAY too much. I live in Hagerstown,MD. If any1 knows of any junkyards or anything where I can get an intake manifold for a 1999 Galant 4 cyl just PM me or let me know. If any1 can think of anything it could be PLEASE let me know. Im in dire help I miss my car and gotta get it out of that PIECE OF SHIT MECHANICS SHOP. :evil:

BlankMan
02-04-2003, 04:36 PM
Can you get to the crack in the manifold?

JB Weld!

J

Fishboy55
02-05-2003, 07:20 AM
Like Jay said, Dru, If you can't weld it, start calling the local salvage yards to see if they have an I-4 on the lot. There's a pick and pull on Route 1 in Jessup, but when I was down there a few weeks ago, I didn't see any 8G's.

Most of the local places are listed in the yellow pages. Some even have links with other salvage yards, so they can check for an I-4. Then there's always the online junk yards, but then you'll have to pay shipping.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Dru. You've been having a lot of problems lately, what with wheel bearings and the idle screw and such. Time to find a new mechanic.

Good luck,
Chip

LantBoy
02-05-2003, 03:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Like Jay said, Dru, If you can't weld it, start calling the local salvage yards to see if they have an I-4 on the lot. There's a pick and pull on Route 1 in Jessup, but when I was down there a few weeks ago, I didn't see any 8G's. Â*

Most of the local places are listed in the yellow pages. Some even have links with other salvage yards, so they can check for an I-4. Then there's always the online junk yards, but then you'll have to pay shipping.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Dru. You've been having a lot of problems lately, what with wheel bearings and the idle screw and such. Time to find a new mechanic.

Good luck,
Chip</div>

Yeah I know after this im never goin back too that place again. Makes it hard too afford anything when I got bills,car payment,insurance,repairs and yet still I got other things I wanna do too my car then be fixin it all the time (cause of some1 elses mistake) and payin these prices. Peeps just dont care.....Ill find another mechanic though and everything will be all good https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif . Thanx for the advice Chip and Jay.

Lazarus
02-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Don't forget about to look for eclipses Dru. I have a boy that works at a junk yard here I will send him a message.

LantBoy
02-11-2003, 04:26 PM
Alright, after lots and lots of searching for this part I finally got someone too find it. Triplenick a junkyard in chambersburg or something said that they would find it for me and call me the next day. They did and found a 99 galant in New Hampshire. The part finally came in today. After my car being in the shop for about 2 weeks waitin on a part and labor. I helped take the old Intake manifold off and put the new one on. The part that broke was the part that bolted too the throttle body. One little piece of metal was holding it on. I dont know if I should take action with Injen about this intake or anything. Anyways I have my old intake manifold and I remember someone posting about a company looking too make 1 for us. If so, I would be glad to send my old one in so we can get it made. Hell maybe I can get 1 for free. Who knows. I also know this guy who is good with metal and welding and have him look at my manifold too see if he could build us performance ones. I have pics of the manifold and where it cracked. Car is running great now sounds a little better with the new manifold for some reason too. I will have my car back tomorrow after they get done tuning the idle and a couple other things. Other then all this the galant will be running strong FOREVER and her body kit is on the way. I SHALL NEVER GIVE UP ON THE LANT! and please someone STOP THE SNOW!!!! :twisted:

Thanks for all the help Chip and CJ.

CJ,
Drop me a PM man I need too ask you a couple of questions man. Thanks........

oldchevron62
02-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Hey Snow Stop!!!
Tired to washing the old galant but everytime i wash it, it make me glad to see such a bad ass 4 door sprots sedan in my drive way. Not to mention my 1962 Chevrolet BelAir park next to it also

Gald to see another 8g on the road and hey Id kick that 40yr old mechanic ass and you and your girl leave the joint.

toc8g
02-12-2003, 05:50 PM
Damn fool,...that sux! I had a cracked manifold. To bad you don't live by me,..I would sell you my manifold on my 2000 Galant. I had to replace it and got my car totaled 4 days later. Its still in premo condition. I would take it off but their is so much bullshit to take off. I tried when mine was cracked but gave up an djust took it to the dealer. I spent like 500 for the intake manifold and 120 for the work. Mine was cracked right before the plate that bolts up to the throttle body. it was a skinny ass circular area.