PDA

View Full Version : Coilover Opinions

krow
02-26-2009, 09:34 PM
1.) I have about $300 to spend on springs. The one problem is that I want to even spacing between the tires and wheel wells in the front and back. I wanted to drop the front 2.25" and the rear 1". I cannot find springs that have this much of a difference from front to rear springs. Has anybody used adjustable coilovers like the ones below?

2.) Has anyone ever mixed and match springs? (i.e. 2.0" Megan front drop springs and a 1" rear Tein Spring)

Thanks!

http://i701.photobucket.com/albums/ww18/krow29/Skunk2Coilover99-01MitsubishiGalant.jpg

Skunk2 Coilover (99-01 Mitsubishi Galant) Description:
Whether your vehicle is set up for everyday street driving, weekend racing at the track, or strictly for show, the Skunk2 Racing adjustable coilover kit is your solution. Each kit comes complete with hard-anodized CNC-machined threaded aluminum sleeves, CNC-wound SAE 9254 racing springs, and mounting hardware that allows up to a 3" drop (sometimes more). Our dual-locking perch design has proven to be the most reliable method for securing the spring perches. The key to the coilover's performance and unsurpassed ride quality is the advanced spring design technology that allows the use of higher spring rates with minimal compromise to ride quality.

Reelax
02-26-2009, 09:55 PM
u will blow ur shocks/struts w/ those adjustable springs (and the ride will suck). step up to real coilovers (adjustable spring w/ matched short body shocks) if you want adjustable ride height and dampers that will last more than 6 months.