PDA

View Full Version : dead Galant!...

seth98esT
02-05-2003, 04:13 PM
more like dead battery but i dunno. I went to go start my car today(its about 10F here) and nothing. i opened my door and then it beeped like normal for a few seconds cause i had my key in the ign, but slowly stopped beeping. I opened the hood to see if the everything was still connected to the battery cause I isntalled some subs and an amp on Sunday and everything was intact. SO I shut the hood and went back to see if she would start :roll: but nothing. When I had my sub(only have one hooked up due to lack of a descent amp) going full blast my lights never really dimmed much. I didnt leave my lights on or anything and the battery isnt very old(replaced my old one back in Feb or March maybe?) Well I am going to go jump here in a bit and see if it will hold a charge.

What do you guys thinK? Just a crappy battery? I got it at AutoZone, it was pretty cheap...

Khopari
02-05-2003, 04:20 PM
time to get new battery :oops:

seth98esT
02-05-2003, 09:50 PM
ok guys i think i found the source of my prolemo. when i hooked up my amp, i dont think i hooked up the remote right? cause when i opened my trunk just now and my car was off and everything, there was a green light on, on the amp. i dont remember what the green light means, cause i twas cold and i did not look at it much. i just disconnected my amp so i can worry about it tomorrow. could my amp having constant power cause my battery to drain?

QnzMostWanted
02-06-2003, 12:07 PM
damn seth, u could have asked me about that one, having ur amp draw constant power from the battery will kill that in less than 3 hours, 12v drain, rewire ur remote off ur radio power source, or install a switch ..battery - switch - amp

seth98esT
02-07-2003, 02:17 AM
i didnt mean for it to happen like this haha but it took about 4 days to drain the battery. i jumped it and let it run for about 2 hours and now we are back to normal. i have not messed with the remote yet, too dang cold out...

JiP
02-07-2003, 03:02 PM
I got my remote line wired into the power antena, so when I put my radio face in, that activates the antena, which turns on the amp. And the wires are already in the trunk, so I didnt have to run lines through the whole car.