PDA

View Full Version : shaved door handles

javi
03-08-2009, 10:30 PM
http://www.andysautosport.com/mitsubishi/1999_2003_galant/exterior/accessories/shaved_door_kit/autoloc/autl00000101.html

would this work?

youngin3
03-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Looks a little pricey. Maybe try buying the stuff separately? You can get the relays and wiring for it for maybe 20-30 bucks and the solenoids somewhere else on the internet and get out of it for under 100 bucks. You just have to get your handles shaved and that is where the money comes in.

spdracr
03-08-2009, 10:48 PM
thats not a bad price but i think you have to go with a heavier kit, ask cali what did he use for his car

ricky_db
03-10-2009, 12:50 AM
screw andys they didnt have half the shit they say they have in stock even when we weren't in a fuckin recession

boondocks95
03-10-2009, 01:12 PM
screw andys they didnt have half the shit they say they have in stock even when we weren't in a fuckin recession

hahahahaha
this might be a dumb Q. but how does a shaving kit work?

E_Emerson88
03-10-2009, 02:25 PM
no door handles, you push a button from a remote and door pops open.

therev
03-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Basically its Star Treck...but in our times
~Gabe

charris
03-11-2009, 12:49 AM
Until your battery runs out. :D

spdracr
03-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Until your battery runs out. :D

thats when you have the battery relocated on the trunk so you can access it or you have a back up battery wired up to your alarm system

charris
03-11-2009, 12:54 AM
thats when you have the battery relocated on the trunk so you can access it or you have a back up battery wired up to your alarm system

Ah, I was wondering about that. That would be pretty good for redundancy.

I'd personally just leave the door handles there if I could. Just surprise people AND have a manual backup.

littlerick
03-11-2009, 06:36 PM
i had my door handles shaved on my old 97 s10 when it was bagged and body dropped and i didnt like it at all. it sounds like a good idea till you leave your truck runnin jump out and by the time you turn around your keys are locked up. luckily i had a button hidden so i could press it under the cab and it would pop open the door.

platano
03-12-2009, 01:35 PM
I never planned/wanted to get door poppers but when my 8 yr old door locks turned to complete shit, i decided to get rid of them all together and went with door poppers since it was gonna cost almost the same as replacing both front locks.

I havent't shaved-off my door handles yet (since my bodywork isen't completed) but i currently have 35lb solenoids...thats all you need to pop-open the doors of an 8G since they aint that heavy. I paid $350 for the two front door poppers and used my existing wireless remote. Nobody really puts door poppers on the Rear doors, thats retarded. Just do the front 2 and open the rear from the inside..if you have rear passengers come in that often. I personally never have people sit in my rear so i never open my rear doors, lol, but thats just me.

I also have an "emergency pull cable" located somewhere on my car which i can use to open my doors just in case i forget and close the doors with my keys still in the ignition. If you get remote door poppers you've gootta be smart. I keep an extra battery on my keychain incase my remote battery dies. you gotta have backup.

ricky_db
03-14-2009, 08:08 AM
imo just having the front two doors shaved is retarded it takes away from the clean look of the car. screw the back seat passengers!

6G72Galant
03-14-2009, 08:44 AM
imo just having the front two doors shaved is retarded it takes away from the clean look of the car. screw the back seat passengers!

Yeh if youre going to shave 2, shave all 4

platano
03-14-2009, 11:55 AM

no. you mis-interpreted what i meant.

I said "Nobody really puts door poppers on the Rear doors, thats retarded."

"Door Poppers" are in refrenece to the actual Solenoids themselves that pop open the doors from the inside, which are not needed for the rear. Just shave the front and rear external doors handles. From outside all the handles would be shaved. But only the inner front doors have actual poppers.

javi
03-14-2009, 02:32 PM
haha

ricky_db
03-15-2009, 04:41 PM
oops my bad lol. well yea what he said, unless u have that many programable channels on your alarm to do stuff for no reason lol