PDA

View Full Version : corner lights into turn signals

VA_LANCER_RACER
02-05-2003, 07:39 PM
Ok here is my problem. I want to have my corner lights act like my turn signals and not use the regular ones anymore. Now the question is how do I get them to stay on and blink? From what I have read I should be able to just take the ground wire from the corner lights and hook them to the positive wire to the turn signals? Also I have read about using relays. Any help is welcomed. Thanks

Khopari
02-05-2003, 07:42 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VA_GALANT_RACER)</div><div class='quotemain'> Â*From what I have read I should be able to just take the ground wire from the corner lights and hook them to the positive wire to the turn signals? Â*Also I have read about using relays. Â*Any help is welcomed. Â*Thanks</div>

yup that should work,,, i did my led washer like that,,,,,,,,

VA_LANCER_RACER
02-05-2003, 07:50 PM
Another question, in all other situation there has been either a side marker or nozzle lights. Would this method still work or cause a short?

Khopari
02-05-2003, 07:59 PM
umm you got point,, i dont know about that,,, anyone else plz help this dude,, someone has to know

QnzMostWanted
02-06-2003, 08:01 PM
u do know by hacking into the corner light making it a signal light will cause ur signal lights to blink faster than usual, if u DO do this, leave ur original harnesses intact with the socket and bulb cuz they will blink faster, unless my car is the only one that does this

Jesse
02-07-2003, 10:54 AM
mine does it too, I like the faster blinking. IT does that because it's not getting a resistance rating that it should have, causing it to think that there isn't a bulb there and it defaults to a fast blinking surge.

VA_LANCER_RACER
02-07-2003, 12:08 PM
Yeah I am expecting that to happen too. So Jesse and Nyctrini did you use the method of ground wire from corner to positive of turn signal?
Thanks guys

QnzMostWanted
02-07-2003, 05:21 PM
I didnt do that, i have sidemarker lights

BEAST
02-08-2003, 01:01 AM
Aww I can't stand that fast blinking. It drives me nuts!

JiP
02-08-2003, 05:06 PM
So measure the resistance of the lines or bulb on the regular blinkers, and then on the corner lights and add a 1cent radioshack resistor inline on the corner lights to add the necessary resistance level to trick the ecu

bronxbombr
02-13-2003, 04:03 PM
uuhhm why would u want your corner lights to flash anyway?, I like having my corner lit up like christmas without flashing, and dont forget how hot they all look with a H.I.D. conversion. which i do sell at 400 a pair. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Jesse
02-13-2003, 04:21 PM
For people with body kits that don't want to add the turn signal in the kit, they want their corner light to flash so that they don't get pulled over for not using a turn signal. I guess you could use ur side markers if you had them. But not everyone can see your side markers.

Ed
02-13-2003, 05:24 PM
hey bronxbombr, do you have any pics of the HID kits you have?

IllestGalant
02-13-2003, 07:02 PM
I did the corner lights as the turn signals. I found a bulb that fits in the
socket that makes it blink correctly but it doesn't fit into the hole in the headlamp. damn, blink blink blink to fast

Livn2sk8
08-04-2003, 06:01 PM
I tried running the negative to my corner, and got a POP, and then noticed I blew a fuse....I think the gauge of wire I used was too big...like a 14G but still, that's not that big...anyways, anyone have this happen, if so, what did you do to resolve it? I really want my corners to blink..
TIA!

Strahan
08-05-2003, 01:51 PM
Use a relay. Run to Radio Shack and pick up an SPDT relay and a matching harness plug for it. Run 85 to ground, 86 to the + turn signal output, 30 to a good fused +12V, and 87 to the light you want to blink. When the turn signal comes on it will pulse 12V to pin 86 which will complete the solenoid circuit thus pulling the pin to connect 30 and 87 which will send the +12 fused to the light you want to blink. Best of all, it's safe https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Livn2sk8
08-06-2003, 01:46 AM
Thank you for the good advice, i'll have to try that this weekend....