PDA

View Full Version : Wet or Dry?

Alister_McRae
02-06-2003, 12:21 AM
im so confused about what next upgrade i should get as far as performance my head is spinning. But ive narrowed it down to the upgraded tourqe coverter, and nitrous, seeing that NOS is the cheapest way, and is there when u need it. so my question is to the nitrous guys out there, What is the difference between wet and dry nitrous? And which do you prefer?

dukeplaya3169
02-06-2003, 12:02 PM
If you are going to be replacing your stock TQ with a performance torque converter, you will also need a tranny cooler to deal with the heat that the performance tq will add. Their not that much money...I BELIEVE they should still be just under a $100 from Protorque.

Auto-9
02-06-2003, 05:22 PM
I prefer wet, because it mixes the n2o/fuel for you...dry I hear you gots to know you have adequate fuel for sure.

HeadAche
02-06-2003, 05:27 PM
Mine was a Single Fogger Dry Set-up, much more difficult to determine how much fule to n2o you will need but the power gains are more than adequate.. If you spray at the wrong moment you wont get the full potency of the nitrous and you may burn a plug or 2.. that is the main reasoning for have the bigger fuel pump, with FPR to boost fuel effeciency and quantity..

VegasMatt
02-08-2003, 01:13 AM
Zex just came out with a wet system, I would be willing to bet it rips.

Auto-9
02-08-2003, 05:39 PM
Thing is with the wet kits I've heard of some scary stories involving the nitrous/fuel mixture combusting inside the actual intake manifolds from the heat, causing some spectacular hood ejections...

fstrthnu
02-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Rallifan Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:39 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thing is with the wet kits I've heard of some scary stories involving the nitrous/fuel mixture combusting inside the actual intake manifolds from the heat, causing some spectacular hood ejections...

Funny you mention that. Awhile back I got into a hurry and forgot to open my bottle :idea: and flipped the switch, which only sprayed fuel. After about of 5 seconds of that a heard a load BANG that scared the shit out of me. I pulled over and popped the hood expecting to see a rod hanging out the side of the block but, much to my amazement it was just a backfire from the fuel buildup. The only damage done was a completely destroyed air filter, blew off my intake from the plenum, and blew out the screen on my mass air sensor. Somebody was definately looking after me that night, cuz I also had a run in with the cops. It just wasn't my night.

Oh yeah. I'd definately go with the wet system. No worries about running lean. Our fuel systems are completely capable of supporting it.[/quote]