PDA

View Full Version : few questions about running new engine

duh2150
03-12-2009, 10:32 AM
alright most of you know I'm about to drop this bad boy in hoping it runs lol some questions

1. I gotta wiring up the throttle position sensor I got the diagram someplace

2. Is there anything else I have to do other then hook it up back up?

3. If I'm using the wrong throttle position sensor from a evo8 I guess I'm supposed to use the galant one same part number on rock auto will the car throw a code for that?

4. any ecu I have to buy or anything? was going to buy a ecu from and evo 8 but don't have a wiring diagram anyone have one?

5. i looked up part number MD373108 on caps it does not show up it comes up with like 1202 and i think that's the all 3 pieces?

fatal1
03-13-2009, 03:58 AM
if your turboing it soon it would def be a great idea to get the evo8 ecu, it will make tuning very easy...boomslang makes a conversion harness, i believe goosey said that 2 wires or so were off so you would have to fix those but other then that it makes install cake...

Stewi
03-13-2009, 07:40 AM
alright most of you know I'm about to drop this bad boy in hoping it runs lol some questions

1. I gotta wiring up the throttle position sensor I got the diagram someplace

2. Is there anything else I have to do other then hook it up back up?

3. If I'm using the wrong throttle position sensor from a evo8 I guess I'm supposed to use the galant one same part number on rock auto will the car throw a code for that?

4. any ecu I have to buy or anything? was going to buy a ecu from and evo 8 but don't have a wiring diagram anyone have one?

5. i looked up part number MD373108 on caps it does not show up it comes up with like 1202 and i think that's the all 3 pieces?

when you built the bottom end did you use a LOT of assembly lube? if you didnt, I would oil prime the motor prior to putting it in the car. To oil prime it, you have to block off any external oiling holes that would allow oil to exit the motor. If your running an evo filter housing, run a hose from the outlet to the oil cooler to the inlet on the other side (dont plumb it to the cooler yet), with the timing belt off, oil pan on and 4 quarts of new oil in the motor, remove the oil pump drive pulley (for the T-belt) chuck the shank of the oil pump drive into a power drill and spin it for about a minute. This will prime the motor for added safety on startup, if you used a lot of assembly lube during the build, this isnt needed.

duh2150
03-13-2009, 07:55 AM
yeah i was planing on priming it wit ha drill before putting the timing together lol i remember that lol cant forget that so the evo 8 boomslang makes a harness for a evo 8 conversion i thoguht it was only for the emanage blue.

fatal1
03-13-2009, 08:14 AM
they have a wide variety...just shoot them an email if it isnt listed...they also do custom harnesses and obviously this one has been done before just make sure to check out the wiring before installing it. like i said contact goosey to find out which pins were incorrect on his

duh2150
03-13-2009, 08:43 AM
alright thanks you 2 pulling out the engine today do my final adjustment hopefully tonight and put it in a few days hopefully