PDA

View Full Version : 1/4 time and races

$DMoney$
03-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Just curious about all our 9g members what there 1/4 time is and what kinda cars have you raced and won/lost against.......... I personally havent had an opportunity to head out to the track but i have raced civic si's integra's rsx's and even other galants still havent lost : ) not trying to brag or nuthn cause those other cars could have been stock except for exhuast for all i know.

$DMoney$
03-13-2009, 10:51 AM
I have been tryin to get my friend to race me he has an 08 mustang GT manual but he doesnt want to i dunno why he will beat me lol

bmore303
03-13-2009, 11:41 AM
I would say go to Club 9G for times, but it's gone.

Rayth
03-13-2009, 12:38 PM
some of the guys at club9g.net might have their times still.. i havent been on a track with mine but i've beaten a couple modded Audi's, WRX's, the last two generations of the Maxima, and of course the Civic Si's and Scion TC's... i can tell you that i've lost to a 300C Hemi, a BMW M3, a BMW M5 and a couple STi's.. surprisingly though I was able to keep up with the STi's from like 50-90 mph and then they start pulling away and soon they're gone haha

$DMoney$
03-13-2009, 01:56 PM
Completely slipped my mind i have lost one race to a s2000 but it was boosted but i kept up with him all the way he beat me by a car length

$DMoney$
03-13-2009, 01:58 PM
some of the guys at club9g.net might have their times still.. i havent been on a track with mine but i've beaten a couple modded Audi's, WRX's, the last two generations of the Maxima, and of course the Civic Si's and Scion TC's... i can tell you that i've lost to a 300C Hemi, a BMW M3, a BMW M5 and a couple STi's.. surprisingly though I was able to keep up with the STi's from like 50-90 mph and then they start pulling away and soon they're gone haha

Say bro do u race with the shifter or just auto?

Rayth
03-13-2009, 06:56 PM
oh yeah i forgot... i beat a new GTI and a BMW Z4 3.0 at the same time.. haha love the 3 lane highway when its clear...

Say bro do u race with the shifter or just auto?

it depends.. if i'm on the highway i usually manually drop it down to third and go from there.. if you wanna keep it in auto, brake heard and then mash on the gas so you can get the quicker downshift..

from a stop i let the car shift auto from first to second cause it does it nice and quick and then i put it into sport mode and shift it from there.. the auto cuts 2nd a little short but its just as good (if not quicker) for all the other gears.. i think it comes down to personal preference and/or your mood

$DMoney$
03-13-2009, 08:45 PM
oh yeah i forgot... i beat a new GTI and a BMW Z4 3.0 at the same time.. haha love the 3 lane highway when its clear...

it depends.. if i'm on the highway i usually manually drop it down to third and go from there.. if you wanna keep it in auto, brake heard and then mash on the gas so you can get the quicker downshift..

from a stop i let the car shift auto from first to second cause it does it nice and quick and then i put it into sport mode and shift it from there.. the auto cuts 2nd a little short but its just as good (if not quicker) for all the other gears.. i think it comes down to personal preference and/or your mood

So when ur at a dead stop your in auto by the time u shift to manual ur in what 3rd gear?

Rayth
03-14-2009, 01:07 PM
dead stop i'm in auto once it shifts to second i kick it into sport mode... you can ride out 2nd gear longer in sport than in auto

i also keep the traction control on otherwise you just spin your wheels through 1st and 2nd haha

$DMoney$
03-14-2009, 01:44 PM
dead stop i'm in auto once it shifts to second i kick it into sport mode... you can ride out 2nd gear longer in sport than in auto

i also keep the traction control on otherwise you just spin your wheels through 1st and 2nd haha

yea i alwaye here its better to race with TCL off but everytime i do i just spin out lol

Rayth
03-15-2009, 09:38 PM
turn off your TCL to save gas, turn it on to launch haha